Post by breeze » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Awesome! I'm upgrading now....working a charm!

Thank you very much dev team - Daniel & Q! Your hard work is appreciated O0

breeze solutions | proud opencart user

Post by fatpora01 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:44 pm

When you bypass the token in modules basically, when you click save or edit one of these modules, it takes the whole menu bar away in admin ...

why is this?

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm getting fed-up with all the reports about issues in this topic WITHOUT info on what "you" are doing!

Is this a clean install, an upgrade (from what version?) and did you follow the upgrade instruction?

Next reply in this topic that is NOT related to the release and without any relevant info gets deleted without warning.

Issues on installation and/or upgrading can be reported in the appropriate forum just like any bugs found.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice work, well done Daniel and Q.

Will port my contributions (Export/Import tool, Google Checkout, IE6 Browser warning module, etc) to this latest version in the next few days when I have some more time.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 pm

fatpora01 wrote:When you bypass the token in modules basically, when you click save or edit one of these modules, it takes the whole menu bar away in admin ...

why is this?
Obviously you would need to bypass the menu to see it. But it isn't needed to edit the module.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by allenshea » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:14 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:Nice work, well done Daniel and Q.

Will port my contributions (Export/Import tool, Google Checkout, IE6 Browser warning module, etc) to this latest version in the next few days when I have some more time.

OC term add more product option in 1.4.8, so hope you can add them in Export/Import tool.

Thanks in advance.

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 pm

fido-x wrote:Now that the "Latest Products" has been included as a module, is there any reason why the code for it is still in the homepage controller?
I ripped it out but it looks like I forgot to add it back into SVN. I'll get it for next time. Shouldn't break anything. Thanks!

Administrator

Post by maranjo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Excellent work guys - thank you very much. Particularly appreciate the category description when there are no products - lack of that had caused me some grief.
Maranjo

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:51 pm

maranjo wrote:Excellent work guys - thank you very much. Particularly appreciate the category description when there are no products - lack of that had caused me some grief.
Maranjo
;)

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 pm

i2Paq wrote:I'm getting fed-up with all the reports about issues in this topic WITHOUT info on what "you" are doing!

Is this a clean install, an upgrade (from what version?) and did you follow the upgrade instruction?

Next reply in this topic that is NOT related to the release and without any relevant info gets deleted without warning.

Issues on installation and/or upgrading can be reported in the appropriate forum just like any bugs found.
The stormtroppers have returned.

Great way to encourage new users.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm

peteVA wrote:The stormtroppers have returned.

Yep, I encourage them to read more carefully and to make sure that they post their questions in the right part of this forum complete with the needed info to get is solved as fast as possible.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by konservasi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 pm

great job, I really appreciate that

I have one question..in step 2 at upgrade.txt is there a sentence like this "Upload ALL new files on top of your current install EXCEPT config.php and admin/config.php"

Would you mind to tell me where can I find the new files

thanks before
Last edited by konservasi on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://galerigis.com

http://galeritiket.net

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:14 pm

peteVA wrote:
i2Paq wrote:I'm getting fed-up with all the reports about issues in this topic WITHOUT info on what "you" are doing!

The stormtroppers have returned.

Give a man a fish......

Administrator

Post by karlpers » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks for the update guys! You are heroes:P

- Add $config->set('config_language', $languages[$code]['code']); to index.php

- Does that mean that the store will be indexed at search engines for all languages without having multi-stores? Like if I have a product called "Car" in english and "Auto" in german, booth product pages can be found via google?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:52 pm

no.. that means nothing to the end user. it was just something added for compatibility. It is probably not even needed.

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Just to say, the extended testing this version has gone through has really shown! REALLY pleased with the new functions!
and the lack of issues, ease of upgrade. Really is excellent.

10/10, gold star, Pat yourself on the back. Good job done. and many other congratulations.

:D

Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 am

i2Paq wrote:
peteVA wrote:The stormtroppers have returned.

Yep, I encourage them to read more carefully and to make sure that they post their questions in the right part of this forum complete with the needed info to get is solved as fast as possible.
I do not disagree with your motives. Only with your manner.

One major problem here is that you and several others with powers on the forum expect everyone here to know what they are doing. That is far from the case.

And as a representative of the forum, if you want to keep people coming and using the product, you treat them with respect. Yes, there are rules, yes there are sections for this and that - although not nearly as well defined as they could be.

But, people being people few take the time to study too much the exact layout. I cannot tell you how many times a day I want to tell a prospective buyer "Look at the Shipping Info Page you dumb f**K!" or "There is a very detailed Warranty Explanation Page, why ask me, I'll tell you the same thing, you stupid ass!" or "Listen butthead, to tell you the shipping to Latvia, I have to go to the site and place an order, then tell you. Just do it yourself can clear the order if you don't want to buy - s**thead!"

But I do not do that. Because I do want them to buy, I do want them to come back, I do want them to think I'm a nice guy (even though we know better).

As a mod you should have the power to relocate posts and threads, why not just do that, maybe with a PM to the guilty party?

Or, better yet, explain what you did and why you did it, maybe others will learn.

What does deleting a legitimate question or observation accomplish? Ok, it's in the wrong place. Move it. Maybe re-work the forum index / home page so it is easier to find the right place to post.

What does making threats do, except make you look like the Gestapo bashing heads, just because they can?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 am

peteVA wrote: I cannot tell you how many times a day I want to tell a prospective buyer "Look at the Shipping Info Page you dumb f**K!" or "There is a very detailed Warranty Explanation Page, why ask me, I'll tell you the same thing, you stupid ass!" or "Listen butthead, to tell you the shipping to Latvia, I have to go to the site and place an order, then tell you. Just do it yourself can clear the order if you don't want to buy - s**thead!"

But I do not do that. Because I do want them to buy, I do want them to come back, I do want them to think I'm a nice guy (even though we know better).
I'm sure if there was cash in hand when these questions are asked, the answers would be more polite :)

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 am

The problem is that it does not matter how many time you move topics to the right part of the forum, split topics because question asked do not belong there or what else comes to my mind, the next person will do the same.
Mostly they do not even notice that you've split and moved their question and they just ask the next question in the topic you just moved question 1 from.

And because people come and go it is better to just make your point in certain words that everyone understand.

Now, ON-TOPIC please!

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:23 am

Qphoria wrote:
I'm sure if there was cash in hand when these questions are asked, the answers would be more polite :)
How true! I just attempted to send a small token of my appreciation but got this from PayPal -

Your account information has changed. Either you clicked "Pay" more than once but the original transfer was already made, or you just received money. To check, please view your account History and make sure you want to perform this transaction.

And sure enough, I received a payment, so I'll try again now.

Might give me bitchin rights for a few more days. :)