Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 pm

ThePath wrote:Seems a shame that it still wont work on A LOT of shred hosting accounts because of the cURL HTTP loopbacks. Does anyone know why these loopbacks have been introduced and if we can go back to the way it was.

I can only assume a fairly massive impact on OC popularity. A lot of OpenCart users will be on shared hosting, a lot of whom dont allow these loopback requests for security reasons. OC v2 is essentially alienating these users and stopping support of the new system by hosts.

Heart Internet is one of the UK's biggest hosts and certainly the biggest reseller. Heart Internet and all its resellers now dont support OC v2.

Seems mad to me.
I'll face the same issue soon with our webhost, and I think I already have an idea how to create a workaround for this, though it might a take a few more days before I can start on this.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by yodapt » Sat May 30, 2015 1:25 am

According to AstoGrep there are 107 occurences of curl_init() in the latest OC, most of them scatered in payment methods and shipping methods. I suggest a library to handle this type of requests, where there is backwards compatibility and ability to use or not cURL when there is another way.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat May 30, 2015 1:51 am

yodapt wrote:According to AstoGrep there are 107 occurences of curl_init() in the latest OC, most of them scatered in payment methods and shipping methods. I suggest a library to handle this type of requests, where there is backwards compatibility and ability to use or not cURL when there is another way.
The issue here is not CURL as such, but rather, that it is at times used for OpenCart API calls from the server's same IP-address, if I understand it correctly. And it is here were the server's security settings and/or firewalls sometimes prevent these kinds of calls from completing.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by yodapt » Sat May 30, 2015 2:05 am

What are your thoughts on a workaround?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by JAY6390 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:41 am

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on a work around too. I was thinking the only real way would be a proxy of some description, but that's going to be a little annoying. I wonder why it is the hosts don't like calls from their own servers, since I'm assuming any other curl request from external sources go through unnoticed

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JAY6390 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:42 am

aljawaid wrote:My internet is hosted by Falcoda...who according to the DNS tags are part of Heart Internet. I'e not gone live yet but most of the system works so far.

Registered through:
Falcoda Internet
URL: http://www.falcoda.co.uk

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a eXtend [Tag = EXTEND]
Your domain may be registered through Heart but it doesn't mean the server behind it is anything to do with it

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by aljawaid » Sat May 30, 2015 5:07 am

JAY6390 wrote:
aljawaid wrote:My internet is hosted by Falcoda...
Your domain may be registered through Heart but it doesn't mean the server behind it is anything to do with it
Ah ok then, sorry about that :)

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by exit15 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:01 am

How do i upgrade from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1? do i just copy files over? are there any db changes?
there are no instructions, not a word on upgrading within the 2.x world, you can't expect us to reinstall every small release, lose all the settings, configs, etc. -thanks

Post by pm-netti » Sat May 30, 2015 7:02 pm

exit15 wrote:How do i upgrade from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1? do i just copy files over? are there any db changes?
there are no instructions, not a word on upgrading within the 2.x world, you can't expect us to reinstall every small release, lose all the settings, configs, etc. -thanks
Copy files and delete in databse table `order_fraud`.
If you in use extension eg. `bugs-fix-2-0-2-0.xml`, delete it.

Ps. add this line to files config.php:

Code: Select all

define('DB_PORT', '3306');
Last edited by pm-netti on Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by sculptex » Sat May 30, 2015 9:01 pm

Qphoria raised this on GitHub now.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/3062

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by thbr02 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:53 am

pm-netti wrote:
exit15 wrote:How do i upgrade from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1? do i just copy files over? are there any db changes?
Copy files and delete in databse table `order_fraud`.
If you in use extension eg. `bugs-fix-2-0-2-0.xml`, delete it.

Ps. add this line to files config.php:

Is this all? Are the config files supposed to be overwritten? What about the index.php?

Location - Sweden

Post by pm-netti » Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm

thbr02 wrote:Is this all?
Yes.
thbr02 wrote:Are the config files supposed to be overwritten?
Only need add this line:

thbr02 wrote: What about the index.php?
Quote.
pm-netti wrote:Copy files
This mean all files in version 2.0.3.1 (this default is upgrade from version 2.0.x)

Post by thbr02 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:05 am

pm-netti wrote:
thbr02 wrote:Is this all?
Yes.
thbr02 wrote:Are the config files supposed to be overwritten?
Only need add this line:

thbr02 wrote: What about the index.php?
Quote.
pm-netti wrote:Copy files
This mean all files in version 2.0.3.1 (this default is upgrade from version 2.0.x)
So I won't even run the install.php?

Location - Sweden

Post by pm-netti » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am

thbr02 wrote: So I won't even run the install.php?
is not need.

Post by thbr02 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 am

Ok, I deleted the order_fraud table but got an error when entering the orderlist. Restored it and it works fine now.

So the installation folder is just to delete then?

I tried to restore by the inbuilt restore tool, but it seems like both the backup button and the restore button makes a backup. Non of them will restore.

Location - Sweden

Post by Skunky Juice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 am

I just had to rename both the config-dist files on a fresh install. I've not used OC for a whiole but never rememebr having to do it before.

Regards,
Skunky Juice

Post by pm-netti » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:43 am

thbr02 wrote:Ok, I deleted the order_fraud table but got an error when entering the orderlist. Restored it and it works fine now.
You are not updated all files to version 2.0.3.1.

Post by thbr02 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 am

pm-netti wrote:
thbr02 wrote:Ok, I deleted the order_fraud table but got an error when entering the orderlist. Restored it and it works fine now.
I've uploaded the whole content fo the upload folder, but I didn't delete anything. Just overwritten it. What files wasn't uploaded then?

Location - Sweden

Post by pm-netti » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:59 am

thbr02 wrote:
pm-netti wrote:
I've uploaded the whole content fo the upload folder, but I didn't delete anything. Just overwritten it. What files wasn't uploaded then?
If your order list Is not work without table `order_fraud`, files is not corrects.

ps, You update extensions to version 2.0.3.1.
Last edited by pm-netti on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Skunky Juice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:37 am

pm-netti wrote:
No they were there but left with a 500 error and not dropping the .dist.

Any idea when my moderated posted will be read. The captcha on opencart.com is not working for me in various browsers and I need to buy a theme to finish my project. Nice script in general though but my first time on v2 I have other stores running on the v1 that have served me well for three years bar two lame defaces.

Regards,
Skunky Juice