Post by Heather » Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Developers!

OpenCart 2.0.3.0 is available to download now exclusively for developers. Download 2.0.3.0 from GitHub now to have a sneak peek at the new system and get a head start in updating your modules before the full release next Wednesday (May 27th 2015).

We've made various changes and improvements since 2.0.2.0 - we've even integrated a new payment module into OpenCart's core. For a full list of the changes made for 2.0.3.0, check out our change log.

Download OpenCart 2.0.3.0 here!

- Heather

Heather

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 pm

before the full release next Wednesday (May 27th 2015).
Will there be changes before this upcoming full release, or will it be the same 2.0.3.0 release?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Heather » Thu May 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi JNeuhoff :)

There won't be any more changes to 2.0.3.0, we're just giving developers a chance to update their modules before we start to promote 2.0.3.0 on our newsletter / social media next week.

- Heather

Heather

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Heather wrote:There won't be any more changes to 2.0.3.0, we're just giving developers a chance to update their modules before we start to promote 2.0.3.0 on our newsletter / social media next week
Means also no bugfixes - if bugs come up?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Heather » Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi OSWorX :)

Great point! If you do notice any major bugs with 2.0.3.0, simply pop them on GitHub and the team will take a look at them and work on them. However we won't be taking any more suggestions for 2.0.3.0 - you can add you suggestions to our UserVoice page though.

- Heather

Heather

Post by gilaraujo » Thu May 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Heather wrote:Hi OSWorX :)

Great point! If you do notice any major bugs with 2.0.3.0, simply pop them on GitHub and the team will take a look at them and work on them.
Translated it means "Closed"

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Heather wrote:Great point! If you do notice any major bugs with 2.0.3.0, simply pop them on GitHub and the team will take a look at them and work on them.
And means if a bug is not major, it goes through ..
Heather wrote:However we won't be taking any more suggestions for 2.0.3.0 - you can add you suggestions to our UserVoice page though.
Never said nothing about suggestions.
And uservoice is nice .. if you want to waste your time.
Have never seen one suggestion which was realized - do you?

Overall this practice of publishing a release has some 'advantages'.
Each time when a bug is discovered with 2.0.3.0, we have to ask: is it the version you have downloaded before or after the 27th of May 2015

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 21, 2015 11:03 pm

I think now that 2.0.3.0 is released, it should stay the same, and any bugfixes should go into the master branch on github. I'll start writing up a VQmod XML file with bugfixes for 2.0.3.0 only, similar to what was started for 2.0.2.0. This is the next-best approach to having a pure future bugfix release which, knowing Daniel, won't happen.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 21, 2015 11:27 pm

What a waist of time this "developers" release!

It is like trowing a bone to a dog and saying "Ahh, there is a nice doggy".

We have been PROMISED over and over and over and over and over and over again (insert broken record voice over) that there would be a pre-release to DO SOME BUG HUNTING and then these bug WOULD BE FIXED before any official release.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 21, 2015 11:32 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:I think now that 2.0.3.0 is released, it should stay the same, and any bugfixes should go into the master branch on github. I'll start writing up a VQmod XML file with bugfixes for 2.0.3.0 only, similar to what was started for 2.0.2.0. This is the next-best approach to having a pure future bugfix release which, knowing Daniel, won't happen.
Too much said about 'releasing a new version' - do not want to repeat myself.

But creating a vqmod for 'bug'-fixes is one (beside a good idea!), but that requires also the installation of VQMod.
Which is not really required if no vqmods are installed/used.
That should be finally not the 'final' decision in this 'release management'.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Heather wrote:Hi JNeuhoff :)

There won't be any more changes to 2.0.3.0, we're just giving developers a chance to update their modules before we start to promote 2.0.3.0 on our newsletter / social media next week.

- Heather
Thank you -- a week pre-release period is good, and will hopefully be the standard going forward.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 22, 2015 12:47 am

But creating a vqmod for 'bug'-fixes is one (beside a good idea!), but that requires also the installation of VQMod.
I could also use an OCmod XML file for this, that's not a big issue.

Guru Member

Post by iplocker » Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 am

Too bad I see 2.0.3 is out and the only feature is another one payment module :(
All the Feature requests are totally ignored .
Too bad you are suggesting ppls to add their suggestions to UserVoice page and we see none of them to implemented.

Anyways at least its good to have some bugs fixed . Thats good .

Thanks

Post by tabook » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 am

Why the 'electronic goods' selling was 'downshifted' in 2.0.x branch?
What is the reason that 'Downloads' feature was simplified ? Where is the downloads remaining counter? Where is a table that connects the order with their downoads?

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by aljawaid » Fri May 22, 2015 3:54 am

Because we never know of any planned roadmap.. I actually don't think this is worth updating any more.

I'm sure others would agree that the time and effort spent searching and trying to fix the errors from the previous version, only to "potentially" have the same if not more errors in this version would just not be worth it.

I would love to update, but with all the changes I have done to my set-up thanks to the help of the users in this forum and then, the long wait for the important extensions to be compatible is just not worth it.

At the end of the day, this platform is supposed to help maintain or grow an e-commerce business. I for one, am spending too much time on getting it to function before I can possibly roll it live.

I'm speaking from a small business perspective, not a developer (although I'm too amateur to be classed as a developer) so my apologies if I offend anyone.

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by beipink » Fri May 22, 2015 9:10 am

is there any change in the Database for 2.0.3 when compared to 2.0.2 DB.

Post by JAY6390 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Iamdbat » Fri May 22, 2015 11:12 pm

pennyprofits wrote:Because we never know of any planned roadmap.. I actually don't think this is worth updating any more.

I'm sure others would agree that the time and effort spent searching and trying to fix the errors from the previous version, only to "potentially" have the same if not more errors in this version would just not be worth it.

I would love to update, but with all the changes I have done to my set-up thanks to the help of the users in this forum and then, the long wait for the important extensions to be compatible is just not worth it.

At the end of the day, this platform is supposed to help maintain or grow an e-commerce business. I for one, am spending too much time on getting it to function before I can possibly roll it live.

I'm speaking from a small business perspective, not a developer (although I'm too amateur to be classed as a developer) so my apologies if I offend anyone.
Hear, Hear - I TOTALLY agree with you my sentiments and many others also - getting OC into a useable state so something can be sold on it is just rediculous - Half made template - dodgy out of date extensions - it's crazy

Post by fido-x » Sat May 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Great! Wonderful! I haven't even finished updating/testing my own range of modules for OC 2.0.2.0 and we've got a "new" version already!

Plus, since I've only just come across this post, I've got roughtly four days to test everything before it's released!

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by OSWorX » Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Welcome onboard fido-x O0
But does no matter, Australia will win the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 tonight and everything is good.

Guru Member

Location - Austria