Post by villagedefrance » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:24 pm

I've got to agree ...

On one hand the dev team wants us to upgrade to 2.0, then on the other, they don't want to make a script for it ???
I really don't get it.

It is very sad because such script already exists, and I'm sure "peku" would accept to give it to the dev team if they were to ask him. Am I right in saying that "pm-netty" (peku)?
Here is the script, for those who need it: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19572

In my view, V2.0 has a lot of potential but it is being let down by rubbish "packaging" and "marketing". OpenCart is an opensource community based project, but the dev team doesn't seem to be listening to what the community is saying and has been saying for months (if not years!). Very sad.

Regarding v2.0.2.0, I cannot work out why the version number as changed like this, when the only noticeable difference is to do with 3 new payment gateways. I think v2.0.1.2 would have been just fine.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm

jiao wrote:Sorry, I didn't clarify, I am upgrading from oc 2.1.1.1 to 2.2.0 how do I do this?
rph wrote:There is no defined process for upgrading. A file overwrite may or may not work.
I rest my case. Is there anyone here, anyone who knows what he is doing? ??? ???

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:47 pm

About the upgrade from 2.0.1.1 to 2.0.2.0: Since the DB structure is still the same, the following approach should work:
  • Make a complete backup of the 2.0.1.1 database
  • Install OpenCart 2.0.2.0
  • Install all extensions you had on 2.0.1.1 to your 2.0.2.0
  • Restore the database from the 1st step to 2.0.2.0

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by yowchuan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Compared to Wordpress, every OpenCart upgrades (more like clean install) is a nightmare. From 1.5.5.1 to 2.0.2.0, all my extensions stopped working.

It doesn't have to be like this, but it is.

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:About the upgrade from 2.0.1.1 to 2.0.2.0: Since the DB structure is still the same

Untrue:
Differences between 2.0.1.1 -> 2.0.2.0

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `oc_language` MODIFY COLUMN `sort_order`  int(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `directory`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_language` DROP COLUMN `filename`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` ADD COLUMN `code`  varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `name`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` MODIFY COLUMN `author`  varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `code`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` MODIFY COLUMN `xml`  text CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `link`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_order_history` MODIFY COLUMN `order_status_id`  int(11) NOT NULL AFTER `order_id`;

continueing the saga...

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Version 2.0.2.0: 2 languages installed, Dutch and English, default = dutch. Go to config->store settings->localisation: language store & language backend: only English can be chosen...

Post by i2Paq » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:53 pm

neufke wrote:Version 2.0.2.0: 2 languages installed, Dutch and English, default = dutch. Go to config->store settings->localisation: language store & language backend: only English can be chosen...

Not true, I can work and choose NL or UK.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah, well, as you can see, my backend is dutch, 2 languages installed, can only choose English...
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg (48.99 KiB) Viewed 17225 times

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Clean install 2.0.2.0 with 2 languages does work correctly.... clearing cache doesn't make any difference...

Post by i2Paq » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

villagedefrance wrote: Regarding v2.0.2.0, I cannot work out why the version number as changed like this, when the only noticeable difference is to do with 3 new payment gateways. I think v2.0.1.2 would have been just fine.
That is another story that goes on and has been discussed countless and useless times.

The same goes for release made; we agreed on a beta release, 2 weeks of testing and then a public release.

and what doe we see ......

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by neufke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:42 pm

i2Paq wrote:The same goes for release made; we agreed on a beta release, 2 weeks of testing and then a public release.

and what doe we see ......

awwww....can i answer that one.... pleeaassee..... :-D

In het Nederlands klinkt die zin een stuk beter BTW... ;-)

Post by pm-netti » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:05 pm

villagedefrance wrote:if they were to ask him
They can always ask :)
villagedefrance wrote: I'm sure "peku" would accept to give it to the dev team
I have, of course, some of the terms 8)

Upgrade to version 2.x may not can be as simple as upgrade version 1.5.x to latest 1.5.x (This is forced to accept).
This "transformer" has been a benefit to hundreds of online stores.In addition, OpenCart, developers have been able to use this to updating the clients of online stores.
This is also with large Finnish Manual.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:55 am

neufke wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:About the upgrade from 2.0.1.1 to 2.0.2.0: Since the DB structure is still the same

Untrue:
Differences between 2.0.1.1 -> 2.0.2.0

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `oc_language` MODIFY COLUMN `sort_order`  int(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `directory`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_language` DROP COLUMN `filename`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` ADD COLUMN `code`  varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `name`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` MODIFY COLUMN `author`  varchar(64) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `code`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_modification` MODIFY COLUMN `xml`  text CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `link`;
ALTER TABLE `oc_order_history` MODIFY COLUMN `order_status_id`  int(11) NOT NULL AFTER `order_id`;

continueing the saga...
Sorry, you are mistaken. I was comparing the install/opencart.sql files from 2.0.1.1 and 2.0.2.0, and there was no changes in the DB structure. The only difference were 2 values in the oc_setting values: config_file_ext_allowed and config_file_mime_allowed, but no structural changes whatsoever!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by neufke » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:58 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Sorry, you are mistaken. I was comparing the install/opencart.sql files from 2.0.1.1 and 2.0.2.0, and there was no changes in the DB structure. The only difference were 2 values in the oc_setting values: config_file_ext_allowed and config_file_mime_allowed, but no structural changes whatsoever!
Ow, but i believe you if you do a text compare between 2 clean install files. The problem arises when people are starting to use update scripts that are missing parts, or the (again, kudos) script from peku, all from different versions, all from different starting positions.

Do a compare with a working version and a clean install (i've tested it on 1.5.4, 2.0.0, 2.0.1.0 and now 2.0.2.0) with navicat Premium (don't know if the free version has the compare option enabled) and none of the databases are correct. That is problem number 1 that needs to be fixed before you can proceed after 2.0.2.1 and that is the reason i said that maybe it is time to let everyone catch up, create correct update scripts that check the core tables etc. It isn't higher science... ;)

I don't know if it is allowed (please mods, do remove the link if it isn't) but there are trial versions of navicat: http://www.navicat.com/download

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:31 am

villagedefrance wrote:.. OpenCart is an opensource community based project ..
The best comment I ever have read here since many years!

Would rather say: the 'community' is for beta testing and for clicking on the huge amount of referral links (see payments) to push Mr. Kerrs income.
'The' community at least can say what it want, DK will do what he wants.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by neufke » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:37 am

so, what you are basically saying is that OC is a 1-person Opensource, community payed package??

Post by pm-netti » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:15 am

neufke wrote: The problem arises when people are starting to use .... the (again, kudos) script from peku, all from different versions, all from different starting positions.
Sorry, what is the problem? :)
Sure, if this script to use the wrong (against the instruction) may be a small problem. 8)
In the past, problems caused did the fact that in many trade database has been corrupted (table 'tax_rate`). In the current version of these fix it finds a corrupted table.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by neufke » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:42 am

pm-netti wrote:
neufke wrote: The problem arises when people are starting to use .... the (again, kudos) script from peku, all from different versions, all from different starting positions.
Sorry, what is the problem? :)
Sure, if this script to use the wrong (against the instruction) may be a small problem. 8)
In the past, problems caused did the fact that in many trade database has been corrupted (table 'tax_rate`). In the current version of these fix it finds a corrupted table.
There is not a problem with your script that i can point out without diving into the script. Overall i think the problem is that differences between clean install databases and updated databases are a gigantic problem... I found an sh*tload of differences in each and every update, compared with a fresh install... If you don't think that that is a problem, again, i rest my case...

Post by rph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:59 am

villagedefrance wrote:OpenCart is an opensource community based project, but the dev team doesn't seem to be listening to what the community is saying and has been saying for months (if not years!). Very sad.
Not to pile on the hate train, but a major problem is that we aren't a community in the open source sense. We essentially have a person who makes the software and everyone else who uses it. The vision for that software is not communicated and feedback from the users is ignored. As a developer it's become almost impossible for me to justify investing more time in such a system.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by rph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:12 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Sorry, you are mistaken. I was comparing the install/opencart.sql files from 2.0.1.1 and 2.0.2.0, and there was no changes in the DB structure. The only difference were 2 values in the oc_setting values: config_file_ext_allowed and config_file_mime_allowed, but no structural changes whatsoever!
Outside the database config_mail_smtp_host was changed to config_mail_smtp_hostname which is a BC break for SMTP mail users. It's also a bug since all occurrences weren't updated for 2.0.2.0.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska