Post by chanz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 am

JNeuhoff wrote: Hence, about the 2 possible routes Opencart can go ( 1. Usage of Loader class, or 2. PHP autoloader), I think the usage of a Loader class (in a role of a factory) is more useful and futureproof.
I second that. Sure, PHP native autoloader will be faster (but this will be minimal, and probably even slower if you have to build workarounds for logic), but it has no flexibility or logic. So if you want to build a scalable system, then go for a factory pattern which will be more future proof, scalable and flexible.

Post by jty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Has anyone tried this theme "with SEO Url turned on"?
I'm getting funny characters at the end of the "product" urls in the address bar of my browser. Cateogory URLs are fine but product urls look like this:
http://localhost/v2/test-category/testi ... qCGn-XAxM0[/b]
What's the hash# bit at the end.

I've pinpointed it down to the template. If I put the version 1.5.6 template onto V2, the extra chars do not appear at the end of the product url. But if I put the v2 template on version 1.5.6, the extra chars appear. So it looks like something in the template.

The link to the product on the category page looks fine. It's only when the link is clicked -> the product page that the extra bit on the end of the url appears in the browsers address bar. I've tried Opera and Firefox.

I'm testing on my PC using Wamp so I haven't got a link to post
Thanks

jty

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:42 am

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 am

jty wrote: If I put the version 1.5.6 template onto V2, the extra chars do not appear at the end of the product url. But if I put the v2 template on version 1.5.6, the extra chars appear.
You shouldn't put templates written for Opencart 2.0 to Opencart 1.5.6, and vice versa.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by jty » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks Daniel. That explains it. And thanks for all the hard work.
JNeuhoff wrote:You shouldn't put templates written for Opencart 2.0 to Opencart 1.5.6, and vice versa.
I was debugging. I get desperate after a few nights of searching ;)

jty

Post by poenanie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 am

Great advise, I think I might just do that, fingers crossed porting to 2.0 will be a cakewalk!

Post by versu » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:25 am

poenanie wrote:Great advise, I think I might just do that, fingers crossed porting to 2.0 will be a cakewalk!
I'm afraid it shouldn't be easy, especially in case of template design. Too many differences between old template's structure and the new one

Post by iplocker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 am

Daniel wrote:it should be December
It will be indeed December or it has change ?

Those custom registration fields its so needed. It will be so nice to add - remove what ever field you want!! ;)

PS. Merry Christmas to Everyone and Happy new 2014!
Thanks

Post by opencart-templates » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Please start using data attributes and move this sort of code into a JavaScript file.

Code: Select all

onclick="$('input[name=\'currency_code\']').attr('value', 'EUR'); $(this).parent().parent().parent().parent().submit();"

Advanced Professional Email Template
Customers Pre-Sale. Inc abandoned cart email
Order Follow-Up Email. Inc request review
Email Validation with ZeroBounce

Location - UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:41 am

I think it won't be released this month (December). There are still some issues.

The new release will use a responsive web theme, built with the aid of bootstrap. Also included is a new modification feature similar to VQmod (have not tested it yet).

There are also some significant changes in the MVC framework engine. On some of these I am not sure whether they are actually useful. I am currently trying to convince Daniel to make the controller classes more class extension friendly, otherwise it would be more difficult than necessary to upgrade 3rd party extensions to this new version.

Porting a 1.5.x web theme to the upcoming Opencart 2.0 will require some work.

So, overall, it will take a while to port extensions and web themes to the new Opencart 2.0. Also, it will take a while to get all the potential bugs fixed as usual after a first release.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by Daniel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:17 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:I think it won't be released this month (December). There are still some issues.

The new release will use a responsive web theme, built with the aid of bootstrap. Also included is a new modification feature similar to VQmod (have not tested it yet).

There are also some significant changes in the MVC framework engine. On some of these I am not sure whether they are actually useful. I am currently trying to convince Daniel to make the controller classes more class extension friendly, otherwise it would be more difficult than necessary to upgrade 3rd party extensions to this new version.

Porting a 1.5.x web theme to the upcoming Opencart 2.0 will require some work.

So, overall, it will take a while to port extensions and web themes to the new Opencart 2.0. Also, it will take a while to get all the potential bugs fixed as usual after a first release.

Don;t worry. once i have fixed the out standing issues and sorted the admin template we can have a discussion on core changes.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Daniel wrote: Don;t worry. once i have fixed the out standing issues and sorted the admin template we can have a discussion on core changes.
Thanks Daniel, hope we can have this discussion before you do the public release of version 2.0, my proposals on making model and controller classes more extension friendly are easy to implement.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:00 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Daniel wrote: Don;t worry. once i have fixed the out standing issues and sorted the admin template we can have a discussion on core changes.
Thanks Daniel, hope we can have this discussion before you do the public release of version 2.0, my proposals on making model and controller classes more extension friendly are easy to implement.
I agree with JN's ideas on the "friendliness" of those files. Extensibility is something that must remain.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:48 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
And because 2.0 is completely different then the current 1.x range it is indeed the time to make such core changes.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rocketweb » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

Hi,

Will the search function be improved in OC 2.0 ?

Nowadays, every online store gives a very big importance of the search bar, like eBay, Amazon. They try to make the user use as much as possible the search function.

However, I really find that in OpenCart the search function is poor. For example, if we search "iphone4" we will find nothing, because the search tag must be "iphone 4". It would be great if this function is improved, and why not also, in ajax, helping the user to complete his search terms, like Google, ebay, amazon are doing.

Do you see what I mean?

Post by versu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:07 pm

There are many free extensions with ajax auto-fill search, e.g. http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13451

BTW, this topic is about new template, not about new functions.

Post by rocketweb » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 am

Thanks for your answer.

Well, I didn't find any topic about new functions. Where is it?

Post by cakehole » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 am

Daniel,

Any updates on when 2.0 will be released? I need to move off 1.5.1 and would rather make the transition once only - Hoping many of the extensions we currently use may now be part of core also.

Thanks
Cameron

Post by butte » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 am

rocketweb, as has been noted somewhere above [several times and most recently 3rd above here], this thread is on the template. With a December and now probably January release anticipated, core will likely already have been refashioned quite a bit by now.

cakechole, if all goes well beta will provide for serious trials but production release suitable for ongoing stores will be ready some time in February. That will tend to set 2.0.0.0 apart from its .0 predecessors, but will occur in good time, for the sake of making 2.0.0.0 fully usable post-beta. Meanwhile, you have an ongoing store.

Bottom line: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 22#p465931 . . .

Guru Member

Post by megahuman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Awesome! This is so much better now that by default its all responsive.

Web Design and Development at 7 Design