Post by khnaz35 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am

imakeitwork wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 pm
Thanks for the new version - it does have some new features that needed to be added (especially WYSIWYG editor).

As an extension developer I'm in the crossroad though - when customers started using OC 3.0.x., most of them asked to build OCMOD versions of my extensions. So I converted 95% of them to OCMOD, and did not build VQMOD versions anymore. Now since OCMOD is no longer supported, I should convert all my extensions back to vQmod. But since there are less and less customers for them, I'm still wondering if it's worth dealing with 4.0 at all...
I think you can use integrated vQMOD that will solve the problem

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by imakeitwork » Fri May 27, 2022 1:02 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am
I think you can use integrated vQMOD that will solve the problem
What do you mean integrated vQmod? :)

Post by straightlight » Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 am

imakeitwork wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 pm
Thanks for the new version - it does have some new features that needed to be added (especially WYSIWYG editor).

As an extension developer I'm in the crossroad though - when customers started using OC 3.0.x., most of them asked to build OCMOD versions of my extensions. So I converted 95% of them to OCMOD, and did not build VQMOD versions anymore. Now since OCMOD is no longer supported, I should convert all my extensions back to vQmod. But since there are less and less customers for them, I'm still wondering if it's worth dealing with 4.0 at all...
Depending on the 95% of that extension that's been developed, it can also be converted into Event Triggers.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by imakeitwork » Fri May 27, 2022 3:27 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 am
Depending on the 95% of that extension that's been developed, it can also be converted into Event Triggers.
Is there a way to make tiny changes in, for example, Order table (like add additional columns) using only Event Triggers, and not recreating entire order list template? Just curious, because no idea how to do it.

Post by straightlight » Sun May 29, 2022 12:33 am

imakeitwork wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:27 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 am
Is there a way to make tiny changes in, for example, Order table (like add additional columns) using only Event Triggers, and not recreating entire order list template? Just curious, because no idea how to do it.
With addOrderHistory, you can create an Event Trigger without the need to create additional columns nor the need to create an entire order list or template, as documented here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by imakeitwork » Mon May 30, 2022 4:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 12:33 am

With addOrderHistory, you can create an Event Trigger without the need to create additional columns nor the need to create an entire order list or template, as documented here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System .
Well, I need to add additional <table> element (heading, table row), in the order list template (twig). Then event does not help, does it?
I may use different twig for order list, but there would be a problem once any other extension would like to alter order list twig.

The whole problem with using events is that OpenCart should be all built from Events, like WooCommerce is built using hooks - even to the smallest template function. Then it could be modular, and robust enough not to break anything after tiny html change. But now controller/model are sort-of modular, but templates are not.

Post by straightlight » Tue May 31, 2022 6:02 am

imakeitwork wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:43 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 12:33 am

Well, I need to add additional <table> element (heading, table row), in the order list template (twig). Then event does not help, does it?
I may use different twig for order list, but there would be a problem once any other extension would like to alter order list twig.

The whole problem with using events is that OpenCart should be all built from Events, like WooCommerce is built using hooks - even to the smallest template function. Then it could be modular, and robust enough not to break anything after tiny html change. But now controller/model are sort-of modular, but templates are not.
The event triggers do help for that as long as it's HTML codes inside TWIG / TPL files. In your case, you'd need to work on the checkout/success/after route as an event.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON