Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi,
You have to look in the opencart marketplace for extensions, if you use braintree you can check this one: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=55
I've installed it, this extension works well and looks really good on the frontpage.

Post by airbrush » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:13 pm

sorry its probably a daft question but my payments go from my website to a payment gateway with either paypal or worldpay, i dont take any card information on my website so is this my responsibility or will worldpay/paypal beng doing ths?

Post by edwardr » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:54 pm

airbrush wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:13 pm
...i dont take any card information on my website so is this my responsibility or will worldpay/paypal beng doing ths?
I don't think that it's so easy....

my opinion (no guarantee):
if your website opens an additional page (like klarna oder PayPal) then it shouldn't be a problem. Because it's clear that you redirect the payment to this providers.

if your website doesn't opens an additional page (like braintree / creditcard) does it, than you might be responsible for the new EU standards. Because it's on the same page below the total account, so the transaction goes through your website. It might be an iframe, but the customer can't see it.

Post by smithclarkson1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:27 am

They're calling it "Strong Customer Authentication", but it is exactly the same as "Two-Factor Authentication". Why would they re-name it? Corporations change brand names because the reputation for the previous brand is too weak. It's a tactic of sleazy crooks.

https://stripe.com/guides/strong-custom ... entication

Post by DilarLindholm » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:43 pm

smithclarkson1 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:27 am
They're calling it "Strong Customer Authentication", but it is exactly the same as "Two-Factor Authentication". Why would they re-name it? Corporations change brand names because the reputation for the previous brand is too weak. It's a tactic of sleazy crooks.
Quite possible. You need to change the cover from time to time so that fraudsters do not enjoy trust.

Post by JacquelineMidkiff » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Thank you so much for the help.

Post by Suman1101 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Thanks for this such an excellent post! Keep up!

Post by moradbiglari » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 pm

hi
thanks for your advises

Post by SEOManchester » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:10 am

Nice to hear that, Thank you very much.

Location - Manchester

Post by scarlethenry » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Visa and MC for example made their first messages about this 1 year ago. This is bigger than GDPR. Why does no one know about it then? And why is there nothing online about it?
Not really, because the GDPR is valid for all and every website - worldwide.
This is very important if you sell products to EU customers.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 pm

scarlethenry wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm
Visa and MC for example made their first messages about this 1 year ago. This is bigger than GDPR. Why does no one know about it then? And why is there nothing online about it?
Not really, because the GDPR is valid for all and every website - worldwide.
This is very important if you sell products to EU customers.
What is even more important to consider is the fact the payment and shipping service providers let's the opportunity to store owners for opened-house information to be shared from their stores via the remote server without restrictions regardless of the GDPR / CCPA / CCRA law. There are even shipping service providers letting the total amount of the delivery or order being totally optional in their parameters. How's that for seeing things worst? ! :-\

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 pm

edwardr wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:54 pm
airbrush wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:13 pm
...i dont take any card information on my website so is this my responsibility or will worldpay/paypal beng doing ths?
I don't think that it's so easy....

my opinion (no guarantee):
if your website opens an additional page (like klarna oder PayPal) then it shouldn't be a problem. Because it's clear that you redirect the payment to this providers.

if your website doesn't opens an additional page (like braintree / creditcard) does it, than you might be responsible for the new EU standards. Because it's on the same page below the total account, so the transaction goes through your website. It might be an iframe, but the customer can't see it.
Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I've been trying to find an extension to support 3D secure / PSD2 payments, but I might not need to, as the only payment method used on my OpenCart instance is the "PayPal Payments Standard" extension. After inputting billing & delivery details and hitting confirm order, the user is redirected to a PayPal page. No credit/debit card info is input on my OpenCart. Does that mean I don't have to worry?

Post by OSWorX » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:51 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 pm
Does that mean I don't have to worry?
Correct - PayPal handles everything further.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:51 pm
Correct - PayPal handles everything further.
Brilliant! ;D Thanks for clarifying, OSWorX. Much appreciated.