Post by acmysystem » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:28 pm

I have developed an opencart based ecommerce website.I have also purchased journal theme for the web.It had been working fine for 4-5 Months.But suddenly my home page stopped rendering & even the admin panel's product page started showing the same internal http 500 error.After some research and provided solutions from github i was then able to retrieve my home page rendering up.But still the admin->catalog->product oage shows the same error.On Enablling error codes,I got the following error :- "Warning: mysqli::query(): (HY001/1038): Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size in /home/acmysys1/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19".Also i tried to contact my web host and requested him to increase my server sort buffer size,but he refused to do so as i was having an shared ip.Cant afford to purchase a new VPS host.Also tried to connect to putty through ssh but connection always gets refused.Everything rather than the product page seems to be working fine.

Can anyone please suggest what to do because i am in a vast dillema over it?

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:26 pm

acmysystem wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:28 pm
I have developed an opencart based ecommerce website.I have also purchased journal theme for the web.It had been working fine for 4-5 Months.But suddenly my home page stopped rendering & even the admin panel's product page started showing the same internal http 500 error.After some research and provided solutions from github i was then able to retrieve my home page rendering up.But still the admin->catalog->product oage shows the same error.On Enablling error codes,I got the following error :- "Warning: mysqli::query(): (HY001/1038): Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size in /home/acmysys1/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19".Also i tried to contact my web host and requested him to increase my server sort buffer size,but he refused to do so as i was having an shared ip.Cant afford to purchase a new VPS host.Also tried to connect to putty through ssh but connection always gets refused.Everything rather than the product page seems to be working fine.

OC version, error message already described. As for your SSH putty connection, the connection might be refused since you're using a shared server. Contact your host about it.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 am

Shared server + Journal3 = problems :)

Solution:
If webhost won't allow increasing the MySQL sort buffer, then find another webhost, or upgrade to a more dedicated webhost account. Better than loosing online sales because of anon-working website.

Also, consider using a proper web theme, and not the Journal3 framework,.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 am

No one interested in finding out WHY a working site is SUDDENLY out of memory then ?
Most shared servers with good hosting companies allow SSH
What is the 500 error in your SERVER logs NOT OC logs

Location - Wales

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 am
No one interested in finding out WHY a working site is SUDDENLY out of memory then ?
His 500 error was this: "Warning: mysqli::query(): (HY001/1038): Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size in /home/acmysys1/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19"

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:22 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 am
mikeinterserv wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 am
His 500 error was this: "Warning: mysqli::query(): (HY001/1038): Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size in /home/acmysys1/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19"
That's the OC error log no ?

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:23 am

acmysystem wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Put indexes on the fields you are ordering your queries on.
There is almost never a need to increase sort buffer sizes from mysql default settings.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member