Post by StavrosSk » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi, I would like to make a clone of an OpenCart store I have created and I'm considering the Multi Store method in order to have only an admin panel for both stores.

I need the second site to be an exact duplicate of the first one at the start, and then make some changes to the theme (Journal3).

So my question is, Is the second store a duplicate of the first one after a Multi Store installation, or I will better off copying the first site's folder to a new domain in order to initially have a duplicate before making the changes?

Any help will be appreciated.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:29 am

StavrosSk wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:52 pm
Hi, I would like to make a clone of an OpenCart store I have created and I'm considering the Multi Store method in order to have only an admin panel for both stores.

I need the second site to be an exact duplicate of the first one at the start, and then make some changes to the theme (Journal3).

So my question is, Is the second store a duplicate of the first one after a Multi Store installation, or I will better off copying the first site's folder to a new domain in order to initially have a duplicate before making the changes?

Any help will be appreciated.
OC version. Journal is not supported on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by StavrosSk » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:29 am
v3.0.2.0

I don't need help with Journal, just to know if the second site will be a duplicate of the first one after the installation of Multi Store.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:36 am

StavrosSk wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:29 am
v3.0.2.0

I don't need help with Journal, just to know if the second site will be a duplicate of the first one after the installation of Multi Store.
It can be if you want to assign all products, categories, theme, etc to the 2nd store. Otherwise, the 2nd store can be different from the first.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA