Post by e7lew1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 am

Hello
I'm new here
I just bought opencart store site Version 1.5.6.1 and I want to upgrade the version to 3 and install the same theme!
is that posibble ?

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:30 am

e7lew1 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 am
Hello
I'm new here
I just bought opencart store site Version 1.5.6.1 and I want to upgrade the version to 3 and install the same theme!
is that posibble ?
Without upgrading the custom theme itself, along with Opencart v3.x releases, better to ask the wizard of oz. Disney could create quite of fascinating things when creating movies in the industry at times. The cinematic CGIs, in this case, may not be magical enough to provide what you need, however.

Otherwise, back to Business. If you can upgrade your custom theme, that would be the best option after upgrading the core and its database. If you'd like to get this done professionally, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or to contact a reliable Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site or by contacting me directly.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by litextension » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 am

e7lew1 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 am
Hello
I'm new here
is that posibble ?
Purchasing a 1.5.6.1 in 2020 and wish to bring along the same theme to 3.0.x. If it's a common question then there must be themes available made for this demand. So it's time for you to go and check the compatibility status of your current theme and prepare for the upgrade.
About the database update, we can excellently help you at this task. And here's the instruction to refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WC8JyAJVs

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Visit us at: https://litextension.com