Post by prophoto » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:08 pm

I have searched the forum but I could not find an answer to this.

I want to add several hundred different products priced at $4.99 each. Is it possible to set up a discount of $1 off if they buy 2 or more, but of different designs? I guess what I am asking, is it possible to have a standard discount for an entire category? Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Version 3.0.3.2

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 am

OpenCart can't do this by default, so you'd need an extension for it. Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount can add discounts based on category and quantity, so it would be able to do what you're looking for. You'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: $1.00 Off Product Price When Purchasing 2 or More Items
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field: 2-9999 = -1.00 / 1
Rule: Category is Category A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown on the product page, so the discount would appear automatically when the requirements are met. To inform the customer of the discount ahead of time, you'd want to put it in the product description, or use an HTML module or banner to let the customer know about it.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator