Post by danky01 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 am

Is there an extension to allow or is it possible to access the image manager from the admin panel? Any way to put a link on the admin panel? I can't believe that no one has posted this before.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks
Dan

Post by Johnathan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Usually I just go to the product or category editing area, and trigger the image manager that way. I don't think there's a stand-alone way to do it in a normal OpenCart installation, but it would be a good idea to have a button on the main dashboard (or some area dedicated to this). Hopefully that will make it into OpenCart 3.1 or some future version.

There might also be an extension that does this, I haven't looked. You can check out the marketplace using the link in the header.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by letxobnav » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:23 am

that image-file manager is there to create an image directory, upload an image file and select a particular image url to be put into the product or category tables.
It is not a general purpose file manager but has a very particular scope, what would you possibly want it to do outside of that scope.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by danky01 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 am

I would Like to be able to organize and upload product images before hand instead of when adding products. Maybe to update a photo without going thru the product page. I can think of several times it would be very handy.

Post by letxobnav » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:44 pm

like I said, that "filemanager" is not a file manager.

Better get a proper one from the market place if you want to organize things outside of ftp , several free ones there.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by Stinger23 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:30 am

If you want to upload files in bulk and organize them, do it via FTP and then they will be visible via the "File Manager" later when you need them (if you put them in the right place via FTP of course).