Post by s3eed » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:29 am

hi
how can upgrade from 3.0.3.1 to 3.0.3.2 ??
and any problems with exesation in 3.0.3.1

thanks

Post by D3MO » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 am

simply upload all files using ftp (overwrite) you will not have any issues as 3.0.3.2 has almost no code changes (just a small bugfix)

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:59 am

If you do have to overwrite files, even though it is not suggested, do NOT use FTP. Rather use your host console's File Manager by uploading the OC original ZIP file downloaded from opencart.com and use the extract function which is way faster.

However, always backup your store and database prior to upgrade process!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by D3MO » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Well the idea is the same simply replace all files:)

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by s3eed » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Why need to replace all file ?
so can replace only file changed
My site are custom some code and theme defult change styel sheet

Post by D3MO » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

So if you donot have any issues with current website do not upgrade at all:) like there is saying to not put your fingers into working "engine".
s3eed wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Why need to replace all file ?
so can replace only file changed
My site are custom some code and theme defult change styel sheet

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:03 pm

So if you donot have any issues with current website do not upgrade at all:)
Irrelevant suggestion since an upgrade request could be amended by service request rather than by incident requests as a general inquiry due to features aside from incident reports could be involved in the request since the forum also provides Commercial Support for users who requests custom jobs to be completed.

@s3eed: Which is why core files should not be modified in the first place. Always use extension modules and custom themes (and in the upcoming future: Theme Overrides). This way, despite the files that will need to be replaced, without any extensions installed during upgrades, the Impact Management will be way reduced as compared to the opposite ways with the core files.

FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804#p730051

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thbr02 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Where is the best to download the 3.0.3.2 version from?

Location - Sweden

Post by ArtGallery » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:24 pm

I was curious as to whether the "Checkout fails at Payment Method" bug has been fixed in 3.0.3.2, as noted in my recent addendum to an older thread of mine., so I just installed a 3.0.3.2 to test it. Wanting to somewhat duplicate my existing installation, I used the Export / Import add on to try to import the various items from my working 3.0.3.1. Here is what worked and what didn't.

Categories - Import Worked
Products - Import Did NOT Work
Option definitions - Import Worked
Attribute definitions - Didn't try to import
Filter definitions - Didn't try to import
Customers - Import Worked

I got the following error messages:

2019-09-01 3:13:17 - Export/Import: Invalid header in the ProductOptions worksheet
2019-09-01 3:13:17 - Export/Import: Invalid header in the ProductOptionValues worksheet
2019-09-01 3:13:17 - PHP Unknown: The Twig_Autoloader class is deprecated since version 1.21 and will be removed in 2.0. Use Composer instead.

The two errors with the headers might be an easy fix, but I haven't looked yet to see what the error might have been between the 3.0.3.1 and the 3.0.3.2 exported spreadsheets. I didn't try to duplicate the occurrence of the "Checkout fails at Payment Method" bug yet, but will add a few inventory items later and see if it rears its ugly head in this version as well.

EDIT: It appears that the names of several headers have been changed, dropping the _id text on more than one of them, so you would need to edit those that are changed to match, I presume. (Haven't tried it yet.)

------------------------------------------------------

As to thbr02's question:
thbr02 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:30 pm
Where is the best to download the 3.0.3.2 version from?
I think most people download it here:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download

Some use a CPanel installer such as Softaculous but you might not get the very latest version.