I am a complete newbie. I was using woocommerce and giving opencart a chance for a new site.
So far the experience has been good but to be honest I am very confused with the ocmod and/or vqmod situation.
I have read many different things and seems to be a lot of confusion.
- Would be great if you can clarify my understanding.
1. Both systems are used to create a cache of changes rather than changing OC core files yes?
2. Some extensions are coded to work with ocmod and others with vqmod yes?
3. Can ocmod and vqmod be installed in the same OC store without creating conflicts when cache is cleared?
Any other info would be very helpful
Regarding the OCMod <> VQMod question:
1. OCMod is the built-in solution (idea was VQMod and is built from, has a few less options)
2. VQMod is an extension which has to be installed additionally
Using both should work normally, but could lead to problems (search the forum here).
In general, if an extension is offered as OCMod solution, use that.
The more if you use OpenCart 3.x
If an extension is offered only as VQMod, that can have several reasons:
A. developer does not know how to build a OCMod based extension
B. developer is lazy and offer his extensions which was originally built for older OpenCart version now also for 2.x or 3.x
C. (very, very rare !): the extension is really complex and cannot be build as OCMod
Basically try to keep your system as clean as possible, which mean: do not use VQMod if you are using OpenCart 3.x
Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88
Dedicated Support: https://dedicated.opencart.com/
Marketplace Support: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/support
MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests