Post by shade_wo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:14 am

I have an Opencart store under development: http://scari-silvanus.com/. I need to bring it to my home computer in order to tweak and complete the store then move it back online.

I use XAMPP. I installed under XAMPP a fresh Opencart 3.0.2.0 that workes flawlessly on my Windows system. Then I tried to replicate the live site above, also an OC 3.0.2.0 version.

I exported the database via PhpMyadmin and imported all tables into a new, empty database under XAMPP. I copied the content of the entire public_html directory on the live server in a folder named silvanus under the htdocs folder in XAMPP. Then I edited the two config.php files in root and /admin folder with the new database settings and paths. I did NOT make any mistake.

The local site at http://localhost/silvanus/ shows the first page of my website, apparently without any formatting, along with a very long list of warnings and errors, I copy here a few:

Warning: fopen(C:/xamp/ocartdata/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\silvanus\system\library\log.php on line 22
Warning: fopen(C:/xamp/ocartdata/storage/logs/openbay.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\silvanus\system\library\log.php on line 22
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\silvanus\system\library\log.php on line 39
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\silvanus\system\library\log.php on line 31

No links on the troubled index page that it shows, doesn't work. I don't have much experience with Opencart however I followed exactly the indicated steps and I can tell very frankly that it does not work. Any reply welcome.

Post by kestas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm

shade_wo wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:14 am

I exported the database via PhpMyadmin and imported all tables into a new, empty database under XAMPP. I copied the content of the entire public_html directory on the live server in a folder named silvanus under the htdocs folder in XAMPP. Then I edited the two config.php files in root and /admin folder with the new database settings and paths. I did NOT make any mistake.
If you do NOT make any mistake... should work. :)
So maybe you make some? :)
In your fresh install on local machine not need edit anything in config.php and admin/config.php. Just after installing new fresh OC you should:
Via phpmyadmin drop all tables of your new installation and import sql which was exported (via phpmyadmin) from your server...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here