Post by dejohnson21 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:00 am

Hello,
I just newly installed Opencart v. 3.0.3.1, have just realized it is very hard to find any themes that are compatible with this version, since it is a very recently released version. Can someone give me some pointers to downgrade to v. 3.0.2.0, I need to get my live site up and going.
thank you,

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 am

Either restore your backups or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dejohnson21 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 am

Hi straightlight, I don't know what you mean by “restore your backups”, I thought these have to do with the database. As I mentioned, this is a new store for a new business, I have no backups. Is it possible to simply copy v. 3.0.2.0's files over my existing installation and be done with it? Is the database different? Can I backup my current store from OC admin and then restore this backup on a clean installation of v 3.0.2.0 (downgrading restore)??
thanks

Post by blocks1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:37 am

what sort of price would one be looking at for a custom job to downgrade?

Post by PrettyGirlWear » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Ok

So if i read this right, you have nothing in your store , its just the core OC, in which case you can either delete the whole thing, or if installed with Softilicious use their un-installer
To uninstall OC competlly just google it, its fairly easy, then just reinstall from scratch the version you want.

Post by OSWorX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Others may find this thread because the have similiar question (downgrading).

Basically, no systen is made for downgrading, even not OpenCart.
But when you have to do so, you have 2 possibilties - depending on your situation.

A. Fresh and new Installation: simply delete all files (via server panel or FTP) and the database tables
B. Already running shop: bad - because some work is waiting for you!

As always and with nearly every new version, some database fields maybe new or have changed.
First try to find out the difference of the tables.
Next step:
1. Liveshop is not needed, simply follow A
2. Liveshop should be running while downgrade:
2.1 install the old(er) Version in a subdirectory (redirect after finishing all to this enw subdirectory or move all files to the main dir)
2.2 adopt the database fields and fill them with the existing data - manual
2.3 check the config.php files
2.4 test if all is running .. and test again
2.5 you should be ready and can switch the shop to live

One important point to highlight (again): Themes are almost NOT compatible from one MINOR Version to others!
This is also important if you plan to UPdate/-grade!

That are basically all needed steps, if you don't know what and how to do, hire some professional!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria