Post by RobertE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 am

Is there anywhere where I can find a list of directory structure permissions for an OC 3 install. I want get rid of the permission denied messages when trying to work on the store configuration.

Location - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:53 am

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by RobertE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

There have not been any solutions provided for yet.
I’m merely trying to figure out why it is that every module I’ve purchased so far I’ve had trouble with after the install is done following the instructions.

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 pm

RobertE wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm
There have not been any solutions provided for yet.
I’m merely trying to figure out why it is that every module I’ve purchased so far I’ve had trouble with after the install is done following the instructions.
Are you trying to modify via Admin panel ? Which directory is not letting you modify

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by RobertE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 pm

I am trying to make changes through the admin and I cand edit any of the setting after I select it on the layout screen.
Should I have the demo items checked also?

Post by RobertE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 pm

The attached picture shows what I get if I go into the layout and add a module to the right column. When I click on Edit this screen comes up. I was on the product layout page in this case but it happens on every page. I'm logged in as the administrator when this happens.

Attachments

IMG_0323.PNG

IMG_0323.PNG (294.11 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:38 pm

RobertE wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 pm
The attached picture shows what I get if I go into the layout and add a module to the right column. When I click on Edit this screen comes up. I was on the product layout page in this case but it happens on every page. I'm logged in as the administrator when this happens.
Great :)
change your user setting in Admin panel
following steps
System > Users
*look into your user name and its permission for reference http://prntscr.com/kw234k
if you need to change setting for permission here we go
System > Users > User Groups
and modify/select the setting for that user group for your reference http://prntscr.com/kw23k1
Don't forget to save after ;) and it will work :)

Regards
Ali

Location - Malaysia

Post by RobertE » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:00 pm

I found out what I was doing wrong to cause this error. After creating the spot where I wanted the module to go I clicked on the edit before using the little up and down triangles to select what module to put there. So in essence I was trying to edit nothing which caused the error. Duhh newbie mistake I guess. Thanks for all the help and will look at you last suggestion to get more familiar with this system

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am

RobertE wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:00 pm
I found out what I was doing wrong to cause this error. After creating the spot where I wanted the module to go I clicked on the edit before using the little up and down triangles to select what module to put there. So in essence I was trying to edit nothing which caused the error. Duhh newbie mistake I guess. Thanks for all the help and will look at you last suggestion to get more familiar with this system
You are welcome Robert!
We all are always in learning process. Keep trying and playing until you become Pro in it :)

Location - Malaysia