Post by ShorePatrol » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:19 am

I have a client who wants their users to add items to their cart, but when clicking the checkout button, it would take them to a screen with information, something like:

To purchase this item, please call 555-1212 or come into our store.

The issue is they sell weapons, and there are various laws concerning merchant accounts, and selling online, so they just want to have a "Cart" and have the people call with their order - and they would manage the inventory on the back end.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Yes, OC supports the free checkout module from the admin - > extensions - > extensions - > payments (x) page. You could then modify the related language file to add the phone number.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 pm

This extension may also be useful: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=6941 . However, the publisher does indicate to contact Clear Thinking at this location: http://www.getclearthinking.com/contact for OC v3.x releases.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm

There's a banner on the 1.5.x version of Restrict Checkout that leads to the 2.x/3.x version of Restrict Checkout, if you're interested in that. I can also send you direct links if you contact me as straightlight says.

However, what I'd suggest instead is to enable COD for the payment method, and rename it to something like "Payment will be finalized later". Then, you could let a customer place an order without paying, and you'd get notified of the order and could call them. It's probably better to have a record of the actual order, instead of just relying on them to call you, since that would be easier to fill and/or adjust. However, if you don't want to do that, then Restrict Checkout would work to display a custom message on the cart page, and prevent checkout from happening.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by ShorePatrol » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:16 am

Definitely interested in the COD method. That makes a lot of sense. Take the order, no need for payment until the vendor contacts the customer.

Any info on this would be appreciated!

Post by ShorePatrol » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:53 am

It would be really helpful if there were descriptions for the extensions....I can't seem to find any....

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Payment extensions are found in Extensions > Payments. COD is found under Extensions > Payments > Cash On Delivery. All you do is enable it and leave it for "All Zones", and it should appear on the front-end for all customers.

For changing its title, you do that in the front-end language files. For payment methods, those are found here:

/catalog/language/en-gb/extension/payment/

Hope that helps.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator