Post by fabsca2808 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:15 am

Hello,
I am new to opencart so maybe this has been already discussed somewhere else.
I uploaded the unzipped files from the " Upload" folder via Filezila to my "http://myhost.com/store" folder.
Given all the files the permission as per the install text. Have also tried to rename the ".htacces.txt" file to .htaccess
I always receive the same error when trying to go to "http://myhost.com/store" to go to the installer page:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

I can go to the installer page, if I access the index.php directly from the install folder. However i have no access to the store as it comes up with the same error message.

This is driving me bananas, please help. ???
Thank you for your reply

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi. Please read the most recent forum rules. No OC version provided. Check your web server's access logs regarding the most recent index 500 error on the list with the installer route.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by victorj » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 am

check your hosting.
php should be eneabled at least version5.6 preffered 7.0 or later
make sure mysql or mysqli is present.
if youre still getting errors, might be that apache directives are not configured properly.

linux apache php hosting is prefered, if your server is windows hosting you have a problem

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by fabsca2808 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:40 am

Thank you for your replies.
In regards of the version I am trying to install, it is of course the newest from the OPENCART webpage 3.0.2.0
Error log is empty; PHP version is 7.0; mysql is present; it is a linux apache php hosting.
Now, the weird thing is if I install version 3.0.1.2 via Mojo Marketplace everything works.
Thanks for any help

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Ensure your config.php, admin/config.php and the .htaccess files are properly configured for your domain.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by fabsca2808 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:06 am

Hi straightlight,
After your reply I was digging a little closer in the files of the opencart root directory. There is a file php.ini that my server somehow did not liked. I renamed it to php1.ini and success. Now I am able to start the installation from my root directory and have access to the store. Maybe you can explain what this file is all about it. I am not a programmer just a user. Thank you

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:56 am

Info from Google:
The php.ini file is the default configuration file for running applications that require PHP. It is used to control variables such as upload sizes, file timeouts, and resource limits.
Many users uses this file with their domain configuration.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON