Post by gazn0357 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

Since updating to 3.0.2.0, the "Recent Activity" area of Dashboard has not been updating. "Latest Orders" area is. Any thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing this?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 am

Ensure your desired dashboard extensions are installed from your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > dashboard (x) page. From your admin - > extensions - > events page, if you only see one event, go to your PHPMyAdmin - > Click on your Opencart database and go to your event table. Truncate that table and re-insert the values located on your install/opencart.sql for the oc_event table.

Note: Before executing the query, ensure to change the oc_ prefix name to your actual prefix name.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:35 pm

The 4 dashboard extension I want are installed. Three of four seem to be updated.. Went to events page and there are ~34 event installed. Also noticed the Orders Complete, Processing and Other Statuses ate bottom of navigation pane are all reading 0%. Any other ideas?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 pm

This issue has also been posted on Github. Although, it does not seem to explicitly demonstrate on how to resolve this issue: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/5998 .

However, ensure that the admin - > extensions - > extensions - > reports (x) extensions are installed. Also ensure the system/storage's entire directory is outside your public_html folder and to set writable and recursive permissions on this folder. Then, to configure your config.php and admin/config.php files storage folder to its new location in order for Opencart to be able to fully write its data on the domain for the core and the installed extensions when required.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Turned on all the reports, but no change.

In regards to storage folder.... After upgrade, I would get a pop up window about need to move storage directory. The default selection was still inside public_html directory so I selected directory outside public_html. Well, it blew up on me. (I do have read and write permission for all directories.) Reloaded files from backup I made and let it use default selection which is up one directory from opencart install, but still within public_html directory.

Can I manually move storage directory and then edit both config.php files?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am

Can I manually move storage directory and then edit both config.php files?
You definitely can as my previous post has no mention of using the automated move process from the OC admin. ;)

Just don't forget to check your .htaccess file additionally in case the storage folder shows up and need to be modified accordingly along with your config.php and admin/config.php files. Then, clear out your cache before logging back in.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Manually moved Storage location outside of public_html area, but no change. Still looking for solution.

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Clear all your caches (OC admin and browser - > log out - > close browser - > re-open browser and go back to OC admin). See if the issue persists afterwards. If so, ensure to have edited your config.php and admin/config.php files for your storage path as well as .htaccess (if applied for .htaccess as well). If the issue still persists, see if this solution is working: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/4898

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Working after following instructions in link provided. Just not turned on. Always something simple.

The Orders Processing/Orders Completed/Order Statuses still not working at bottom of Admin Navigation Panel. Will open new thread for that.

Thanks again, Dan