Post by SoundsGood » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from OpenCart 1.5.6.4 to 3.0.2.0, I'm following the step from upgrade.txt and I'm stuck at
3. Browse to http://<yourstore.com>/install Replacing <yourstore.com> with your actual site (and subdirectory if applicable).

4. You should see the OpenCart Upgrade script.
- If you see the OpenCart Install page, then that means you overwrote your config.php files. Restore them from your backup first. Then try again.

5. Click "Upgrade". After a few seconds you should see the upgrade success page.
- If you see any errors, report them immediately in the forum before continuing.
when I go to <mystore>/magazin/install, I don't see the upgrade script or the Upgrade button, I get some error messages instead:

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/var/www/magazin/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 22 Warning: fopen(/var/www/magazin/system/storage/logs/openbay.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 22 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unable to create the cache directory (/var/www/magazin/system/storage/cache/15).' in /var/www/magazin/system/library/template/Twig/Cache/Filesystem.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/magazin/system/library/template/Twig/Environment.php(400): Twig_Cache_Filesystem->write('/var/www/magazi...', 'loadTemplate('common/header.t...') #2 /var/www/magazin/system/library/template.php(51): Template\Twig->render('common/header', true) #3 /var/www/magazin/system/engine/loader.php(125): Template->render('common/header', true) #4 /var/www/magazin/install/controller/common/header.php(14): Loader->view('common/header', Array) #5 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #6 /var/www/magazin/system/engine/action.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #7 /var/www/magazin/system/engine/loader.php(48): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #8 /var/www/magazin/inst in /var/www/magazin/system/library/template/Twig/Cache/Filesystem.php on line 62 Warning: fopen(/var/www/magazin/system/storage/session//sess_17c18f12fc78108f01229f7df3): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 29 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 31 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 33 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 35 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 37 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/session/file.php on line 39 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/magazin/system/library/log.php on line 31
They seem to point out that I don't have write access when I'm running the install script.

Am I supposed to be logged in as an admin, before running step 3? I'm asking because OpenCart doesn't seem to store my admin credentials, and asks me to login everytime I go the control panel, even when I haven't logged off previously. And once I've overwritten every old file bar 2, according to step 2 in upgrade.txt, the control panel obviously doesn't work anymore, nor does any other page in the store.

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:12 am

Upgrading from v1.5x releases until the last version will obviously take more than a single upgrade process. It would be highly suggested to seek professional assistance in order to perform an upgrade of that degree and also by ensuring that, if using any extensions, the extensions are available for the latest release of Opencart before attempting any upgrades.

For now, I would suggest to restore backups in order to prevent those errors on happening.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by pollewops » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 am

Hi SoundsGood,
Did you made any progress yet. I also try the same, but get errors when executing the upgrade.

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 am

Restore backups as you also need to ensure that all installed extensions are compatible with the latest release of Opencart in the mean time before attempting to launch any upgrade scripts.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KeithM » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi
The OC installer states that it upgrades from 1.5 to 3 so no issues there then and that is what I have just done, straightlights standard reply seems to be pushing for business. I've just lost over a day on mine as it doesn't catch everything. For example if you go to your store settings and save I get an error message and all it was was the log file was previously called .txt and now it wants .log.

The installer should run and say it's UPGRADING otherwise it will be doing a new install. The config files they go on about are not in the package anyway as they are appended with -dist so they won't overwrite anything.

I ended up disabling all extensions and also trying to switch themes and finally it burst into life so this mornings job is to get the front end and shipping all running again nice.

The package you download btw you need to extract somewhere and either:
1) upload with ftp the files and folders in the upload folder to the root folder your OC install is in
2) extract then zip everything in the upload folder so you can use your hosting interface to upload one file and then unpack - this needs to be located in your root install folder
3)use your hosting interface to upload the OC package file and then unpack on your server, then drag all the files and folders in the upload folder to your store root folder.

Servers are a bit faster than 4000 files uploading over ftp.

Delete any leftover folders you created in the above, browse to yourstore.com/install/ and the upgrader will run. this will do a pre-flight check and you need to sort any red items out, all should be green.

When done, delete your install folder, when you log into the backend you may be prompted to move your storage folder to outside public, mine wouldn't run the auto option so click manual and it gives you instructions. Ensure you modify the config files after as also instructed.

I turned off caching, turned off seo and deleted all the files in the storage/cache just to be certain of what I was working with.

Hope that clarifies some of the steps and gets you somewhere closer.

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Take note that the instructions above does not include the database size that may be involved during the upgrade process which can also be lead to cause an error message once a timeout session has been reached. Backup is a must.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by goalsurfer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:41 pm

A question: did you move your storage directory? (It's because I got an error also after I tried to move my storage directory on request of what written in a popup. I had several reinstallations and the last time I just closed the popup without taking notice and have no error anymore. It was a new installation of 3.0.2.0.)