Post by skip » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 pm

I see modificaton files must be zipped before install in 3.0x, how can I easy edit modification file ?
In 2.0 I wass upload modification.ocmod.xml in system folder and only refresh modificaton button after change but it seems this method does not work in 3.0 ?
It is too complicated set file in zipp before upload every time after code change
thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 am

It is too complicated set file in zipp ...

Well, by use of a nice Tool, like my famous XP-WinCommander, it just takes a
few seconds, to zip a File. :D
But if this is already too time-consuming, to handle, you probably won't get far with OC
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by skip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 am

Hi Ernie, is there some advantages of your commander over winzip for example, dont understand why files in 3.0 must be in zip for upload, this is step back for all developers I think

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 am

Well, it's called evolution, more and more, OC has to 'streamline' processes,
it's no longer a DOS World out-there, and Users today expect self-installing
APP's, to get something done, instead of beeing forced to know technical
Things, to get their Power-Engine started and work.

And as a consequence of this, better forget, what ever was before, like DOS,
in the near future, it's only still used underneath, and most will not even know,
that it still exists, and works as well... :laugh:

OC -3 is on it's way, so, those, following it, better accept, to have/use something
new, otherwise, one should have kept, what was used before. It's like using an electric
Car, if it runs out of Gas, the next Gas Station may still not have matching Power-Plugs! :-\

So, just don't take it personal, it's not meant this way, from neither side ! ;)
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by skip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:11 am

@Ernie
Ok Thank You

Post by daveyoi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

For development, you can just upload a *.ocmod.xml file to the system directory of opencart. It will by default read all of the ocmod.xmls from that directory when you hit the modification refresh button.

Once you have finished development you can then package up into a zip for correct install via the install manager.

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by skip » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:05 am

@daveyoi Are you sure this work for 3.0.x version ? I wass try and not work for me

Post by Johnathan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 am

.ocmod.xml files work fine in 3.0. Just make sure they're in the /system/ folder, and that you click "Refresh" in Extensions > Modifications after you do that. That works fine in all my localhost installations.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by spitos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 am
.ocmod.xml files work fine in 3.0. Just make sure they're in the /system/ folder, and that you click "Refresh" in Extensions > Modifications after you do that. That works fine in all my localhost installations.
I've decided to switch from vqmod to ocmod (with a heavy heart) and set up a simple ocmod file for testing that inserts a paragraph before the footer on the success page, but I'm having no luck with it running or showing in the modifications list.

OC3.0.1.1 on localhost using a vanilla store - following the correct install/refresh mod procedure.

The mod runs if the xml is manually placed in the system folder as suggested, but does not work if installed using the extension installer. Maybe I've got tunnel vision but I can't make sense of it, any help welcome before I go INSANE! :crazy:

Attachments

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by spitos » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:56 am

Figured out my issue... Thanks for the help moderators & 'gurus' :P
Needed to set the oc mod xml filename to install.xml.

A really really simple change that a lot of people knew and isn't very clear (like having to add the code tag), went through the usual fun & games of Kerr-plunk until I pulled enough straws that the marble dropped.

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK