Post by globalmahi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm

Hello Forum members,

I am a new user of open cart. I just install opencart 3.0.3.7 in my domain. Its works well. But suddenly when I tried to install a new plugin I lost my admin user permission. As now in my website dashboard there is no left side active navigation menu. When I click it shows me, "You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator." Like the attached photo.

Can any one please kindly help me to solve this issue. Once again I am a very new user...

Attachments

Admin Permission denied.png

Admin Permission denied.png (74.23 KiB) Viewed 342 times

Last edited by globalmahi on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by OSWorX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm

globalmahi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm
But suddenly when I tried to install a new plugin I lost my admin user permission.
And which??

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by globalmahi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm
globalmahi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm
But suddenly when I tried to install a new plugin I lost my admin user permission.
And which??
The dashboard didn't show any navigations icons and I have no access of my dashboard as well as can not do anything in admin side.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm

You could try restoring the user_group table from a backup or clean install. You could also try clearing your storage/modification folder to clear any OCMOD changes. Take a backup first in case you make things worse.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Can you still access the System > Users > User Groups > Administrator ? If so, go to there and set the modify and access rights for everything in there.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by globalmahi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:08 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm
Can you still access the System > Users > User Groups > Administrator ? If so, go to there and set the modify and access rights for everything in there.
I can't go in there....

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:14 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm
You could try restoring the user_group table from a backup or clean install.

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by globalmahi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:14 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm
You could try restoring the user_group table from a backup or clean install.
Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain me in a bit details, how can I do that? I am sorry as explain, I am really a novice user.. Please kindly help me..

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm

globalmahi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm
xxvirusxx wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:14 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm
You could try restoring the user_group table from a backup or clean install.
Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain me in a bit details, how can I do that? I am sorry as explain, I am really a novice user.. Please kindly help me..
You could either look for an extension on the Marketplace or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by Gergely » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:39 pm

  1. Go to phpmyadmin
  2. Locate the 'user' table (it will have a db prefix, so could be something like 'oc_user' or similar)
  3. Find your username in the username field, and take note of the user_group_id in the same row
  4. Locate the user_group table (it will have the same prefix as the user table)
  5. Find the row with the user_group_id you noted down in step 3
  6. Click on edit
  7. Replace whatever is in the permissions field with the following:

    Code: Select all

    {"access":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"],"modify":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"]}
    
  8. Log in to the admin panel
  9. Go to System>Users>User Groups>Name of User Group, and give yourself all the other required permissions

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Gergely wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:39 pm
  1. Go to phpmyadmin
  2. Locate the 'user' table (it will have a db prefix, so could be something like 'oc_user' or similar)
  3. Find your username in the username field, and take note of the user_group_id in the same row
  4. Locate the user_group table (it will have the same prefix as the user table)
  5. Find the row with the user_group_id you noted down in step 3
  6. Click on edit
  7. Replace whatever is in the permissions field with the following:

    Code: Select all

    {"access":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"],"modify":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"]}
    
  8. Log in to the admin panel
  9. Go to System>Users>User Groups>Name of User Group, and give yourself all the other required permissions
(That is considering you have phpmyadmin. Depending on how your opencart was ported onto aws, this might not be the case. But anyway, you should probably get in touch with whoever migrated your site to help you with this.)
Not a suggested way as a workaround. Better to do it with converted arrays by queries than directly playing with JSON strings.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by globalmahi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 am

Gergely wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:39 pm
  1. Go to phpmyadmin
  2. Locate the 'user' table (it will have a db prefix, so could be something like 'oc_user' or similar)
  3. Find your username in the username field, and take note of the user_group_id in the same row
  4. Locate the user_group table (it will have the same prefix as the user table)
  5. Find the row with the user_group_id you noted down in step 3
  6. Click on edit
  7. Replace whatever is in the permissions field with the following:

    Code: Select all

    {"access":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"],"modify":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"]}
    
  8. Log in to the admin panel
  9. Go to System>Users>User Groups>Name of User Group, and give yourself all the other required permissions
Its solved...thank your so much...I highly appreciate your kind support.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by globalmahi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 pm
Gergely wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:39 pm
  1. Go to phpmyadmin
  2. Locate the 'user' table (it will have a db prefix, so could be something like 'oc_user' or similar)
  3. Find your username in the username field, and take note of the user_group_id in the same row
  4. Locate the user_group table (it will have the same prefix as the user table)
  5. Find the row with the user_group_id you noted down in step 3
  6. Click on edit
  7. Replace whatever is in the permissions field with the following:

    Code: Select all

    {"access":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"],"modify":["user\/user","user\/user_permission"]}
    
  8. Log in to the admin panel
  9. Go to System>Users>User Groups>Name of User Group, and give yourself all the other required permissions
(That is considering you have phpmyadmin. Depending on how your opencart was ported onto aws, this might not be the case. But anyway, you should probably get in touch with whoever migrated your site to help you with this.)
Not a suggested way as a workaround. Better to do it with converted arrays by queries than directly playing with JSON strings.
Thank your so much. Its solved...

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 am

Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests