Post by Djie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Want to setup a new opencart envoriment on a iis/plesk server with PHP 7.4.12 enabled. After uploading the files, the /install throws back an error (I replaced the {locaton} in the error below):

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen({location}/system/storage/session//sess_8d0400d0ab20acddc0a7840f70): failed to open stream: Permission denied in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 29Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 31Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 33Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 35Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 37Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in {location}\system\library\session\file.php on line 39
Looks like permissions are not set right, although everything on the previous website was set in the right structure (derived from 755 folder/644 files)
This translates to plesks to have set for "Applications pool group" has the necessary Read/Execute, list folder contents, read as picture below (similar to my envoriment) Is this correct for OpenCart?

As the error states sessions can not be stored... does OpenCart look at the PHP settings for use of sessions? Does it already expect to have guidance on this from PHP/.htaccess... as IIS uses webconfig instead of .htaccess... wondering if this might cause an error (but maybe I am mixing up stuff :)) The current php settings are as follows do I need to add the session.save_path to the empty config file before installing?

Code: Select all

include_path 
.;.\includes;.\pear (Standaard)
session.save_path 
C:\WINDOWS\Temp (Standaard)
open_basedir 
{DOCROOT}\;{TMP}\
Some guidance is appreciated!

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Warning: fopen({location}/system/storage/session//sess_8d0400d0ab20acddc0a7840f70)
Defined path error, two slashes instead of one.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Djie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 pm
Warning: fopen({location}/system/storage/session//sess_8d0400d0ab20acddc0a7840f70)
Not sure how to resolve this as I used the installation file, which does work Apache/DirectAdmin but not on IIS/Plesk....Any suggestions where to look?

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Djie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 pm
Not sure how to resolve this as I used the installation file, which does work Apache/DirectAdmin but not on IIS/Plesk....Any suggestions where to look?
Contact your host to resolve these issues.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Djie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:25 am

Does this seem like an hosting issue? What is the direction to point to e.g. what could be the cause for this typical error?
Offcourse I could ask to change to Apache :joker: