Post by glolar » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:20 am

Hello all,

I know there is a Bank Transfer payment method in OpenCart that I can enable, but that requires customers to do an offline bank transfer before the transaction is completed. Is there an OpenCart extension that will do the bank transfer automatically, after the customer clicks the payment button during checkout? I would envision that my bank account info would need to be stored in OpenCart, as well as the customer having his bank information stored in his customer account (or maybe the customer having to enter his bank information each time he orders, which would not be ideal, but ok).

Stripe supports ACH payments, but I still need something on the OpenCart end to accept ACH payments.

Has anyone heard of or used such an extension?

Thanks in advance!

Larry

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 am

Every payment method is different, you need to be more specific.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by glolar » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:41 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 am
Every payment method is different, you need to be more specific.
What more specifics do you need? I am asking if anyone has heard of a Bank Transfer (or ACH) payment method extension for OpenCart 3.0.3.8 that does more than the default Bank Transfer extension included with OpenCart. All the OpenCart Bank Transfer payment method extension does is display bank information to the customer at time of purchase. The customer still must do the actual Bank Transfer offline (outside of OpenCart).

Is there an extension that anyone knows of, that will do an actual transfer of funds from the customer's bank to the store owner's bank AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

Thanks!

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm

So you don't want to use credit cards and instead want to redirect a customer to selected bank so he could login and pay by invoice or something?

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:08 pm

glolar wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:41 pm
Is there an extension that anyone knows of, that will do an actual transfer of funds from the customer's bank to the store owner's bank AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.
You have not stated from where you are, or your customers.
But EPS is one of those payments you are mentioning.
And Mollie is able to handle such (also, beside many others).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:22 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:08 pm
You have not stated from where you are, or your customers.
But EPS is one of those payments you are mentioning.
And Mollie is able to handle such (also, beside many others).
Mollie charges you for every transaction, which isn't fun at all. And yes, it all depends on the store's country.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:22 pm
Mollie charges you for every transaction, which isn't fun at all. And yes, it all depends on the store's country.
Every online payment will use "charges" - there is no "free" for this kind of payment.

Beside, why should this be free?
The acquirer has the risk of the payment.

So, what wants the "shopowner"?
Money - or troubles ?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 pm
Every online payment will use "charges" - there is no "free" for this kind of payment.
Mollie is not an online payment per se, it's a "middleman" for collection of online payments. Some of these payments have a free API. For example, some banks have APIs and don't charge extra fees at all. They just provide you the way to create invoices and allow your customers to pay with wire transfer. Lots of European stores have such APIs implemented.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:58 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 pm
Mollie is not an online payment per se, it's a "middleman" for collection of online payments. Some of these payments have a free API. For example, some banks have APIs and don't charge extra fees at all. They just provide you the way to create invoices and allow your customers to pay with wire transfer. Lots of European stores have such APIs implemented.
Never said that Mollie is a "online payment" (provider), they are "just" a service which provides a simple and clear interface to offer several payment methods.
And yes, some banks may have an API, but without any account there, you cannot offer that as payment.
And an account requires to pay some money (per month, quarter or year).
Or just show me one bank which does not want money for their services ..

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by glolar » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 am

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm
So you don't want to use credit cards and instead want to redirect a customer to selected bank so he could login and pay by invoice or something?
I want to be able to do an ACH transfer from customer's bank (or credit card account, don't care) to my bank account, when the customer clicks the Confirm button in Checkout. If this requires some type of one-time setup or configuration for each customer (and their bank) ahead of time, that is fine. The important thing is that once this setup is done, the customer can purchase via ACH from then on, and the money is transferred immediately, as part of the checkout process.

I don't know how much more detail I can offer. Sounds like this sort of thing is not supported.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm

glolar wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 am
I don't know how much more detail I can offer. Sounds like this sort of thing is not supported.
Tons of credit card processors then. Pick any you like and most likely there will be an extension for it.

Expert Member

Post by glolar » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm
glolar wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 am
Tons of credit card processors then. Pick any you like and most likely there will be an extension for it.
Yep, that's the plan. My client wanted to specifically do ACH transactions (Bank Transfer), for some reason. But the Bank Transfer extension included with OpenCart only displays the bank information that the customers need, and forces them to do a manual bank transfer offline. Then my client would have to log into OpenCart to change the order status from Pending to Completed. He wanted to avoid all that.

The client will have to settle for a payment processor. Thank you.

Increase Your Child's I.Q.
iPad Wallpapers
Turtle & Tortoise Screen Savers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:44 pm

As has been stated, a lot of payment processors will do it, such as Stripe. However, you will also need to check that the payment extension for that payment processor also supports it. There are payment processors that deal only with direct transfers, rather than cards, such as GoCardless.

Or Crezco, who don't even charge transaction fees, but are probably UK only.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by glolar » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:44 pm
As has been stated, a lot of payment processors will do it, such as Stripe. However, you will also need to check that the payment extension for that payment processor also supports it. There are payment processors that deal only with direct transfers, rather than cards, such as GoCardless.

Or Crezco, who don't even charge transaction fees, but are probably UK only.
Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I will check them out.

Regards

Increase Your Child's I.Q.
iPad Wallpapers
Turtle & Tortoise Screen Savers

Location - San Diego, CA