Post by Freelancerr » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:36 am

Hello!
We have a store running on OpenCart Version 3.0.3.2 with Journal. We use Super Coupons and Ultimate Coupons extensions and those coupons work great.
But recently we have a need for a lot of just regular discount coupons. I found extension to import a bunch of coupons at once, Import Coupon, that uses regular functionality for the coupons under Marketing -> Coupons. But we happen to run into another problem - regular coupons dont work at all. There is an error popping up : "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached its usage limit!"

The things we've tried:
1. create coupon manually with valid dates/uses
2. delete all coupon extensions, clear cache, create one coupon manually, paying attention to the valid dates, uses per coupon/per customer.

After all the manipulations we reinstalled all the extensions and those work fine. We need regular functionality as we need 5k coupons for the new promotion, all different. I've contacted developers of these extension and they dont have a tool to generate and import that many coupons, nor they know what might be wrong.
At this point we are very puzzled of what might be wrong, would appreciate any suggestion on what might be wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you!

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:03 am

Freelancerr wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:36 am
Hello!
We have a store running on OpenCart Version 3.0.3.2 with Journal. We use Super Coupons and Ultimate Coupons extensions and those coupons work great.
But recently we have a need for a lot of just regular discount coupons. I found extension to import a bunch of coupons at once, Import Coupon, that uses regular functionality for the coupons under Marketing -> Coupons. But we happen to run into another problem - regular coupons dont work at all. There is an error popping up : "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached its usage limit!"

The things we've tried:
2. delete all coupon extensions, clear cache, create one coupon manually, paying attention to the valid dates, uses per coupon/per customer.

After all the manipulations we reinstalled all the extensions and those work fine. We need regular functionality as we need 5k coupons for the new promotion, all different. I've contacted developers of these extension and they dont have a tool to generate and import that many coupons, nor they know what might be wrong.
At this point we are very puzzled of what might be wrong, would appreciate any suggestion on what might be wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you!
At this point, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Freelancerr » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:23 pm

At this point, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.
Thank you!
But that is not the point of my post. I'd like to know why the OpenCart doesn't work as intended and as there is no direct customer service for some reason, I'd like to see if anybody else had a similar problem and what was wrong. It just becomes super expensive to hire somebody on every glitch that happens, so forum is intended to create the database of some answers to the problems.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Freelancerr wrote:
Hello!
Freelancerr wrote:
I'd like to know why the OpenCart doesn't work as intended ..
That's why.
OpenCart itself has nothing todo with that theme and those extensions your are using.
Freelancerr wrote:
I found extension to import a bunch of coupons at once, Import Coupon, that uses regular functionality for the coupons under Marketing -> Coupons.
Fine, and related to OpenCart - again: not.
Freelancerr wrote:
I've contacted developers of these extension and they dont have a tool to generate and import that many coupons, nor they know what might be wrong.
Bad, but maybe those "devs" are not qualified enough?

And now you think, we here should help you for free?
Wrong!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Freelancerr wrote:
Hello!

The things we've tried:

Thank you!
Coupons should work fine. It is probably an issue caused by your theme or extensions. You could try installing a clean version or OpenCart on a test server and test that. That way will help you know if your theme or extensions are having an effect.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Freelancerr » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 am

Freelancerr wrote:
I've contacted developers of these extension and they dont have a tool to generate and import that many coupons, nor they know what might be wrong.

Wrong!
[/quote]

I dont expect you or ask you to do the work, I merely ask if somebody had this issue and what was wrong in their case/what they did that helped. I want to figure this out, NOT SOMEBODY DO THE WORK. I think I stated this point extensively in the initial post, have you read it till the end?

And if you have nothing to contribute besides your rant, please move along as your comments dont help at all.

Thank you!

Post by Freelancerr » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:07 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:12 pm
Freelancerr wrote:
Hello!

The things we've tried:

Thank you!
Coupons should work fine. It is probably an issue caused by your theme or extensions. You could try installing a clean version or OpenCart on a test server and test that. That way will help you know if your theme or extensions are having an effect.
Good idea! I will try staging.
I also thought that the problem is with extensions, but coupons dont work even if I delete all the extension tied to coupons and clear cache. I mean, deleting them should eliminate their code, but seems like that's not the case.

Thank you!

Post by Freelancerr » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 am

Freelancerr wrote:
Wrong!

I dont expect you or ask you to do the work, I merely ask if somebody had this issue and what was wrong in their case/what they did that helped. I want to figure this out, NOT SOMEBODY DO THE WORK. I think I stated this point extensively in the initial post, have you read it till the end?

And if you have nothing to contribute besides your rant, please move along as your comments dont help at all.

Thank you!

Post by by mona » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:33 am

Regular coupons work fine on default Opencart.

Contact your extension / theme developers to resolve or you can post here viewforum.php?f=88 and many developers will be happy to quote to fix your issue.

This falls outside of the scope of free support.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:34 am

The OP user's already been guided here; it goes to Commercial Support or to his own developer.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:47 am

Create a standard coupon and give us a url to test it or you will have to do as suggested above.
This is something simple

Location - Wales