Post by clubplug » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi Folks
I tried looking on the forum for the answer, but wasn't able to find it...

I am testing PayPal Express checkout on opencart ver. 3 . If I go through the entire checkout and then click on the PayPal Express Checkout at the end, the shipping cost is sent to PayPal.

However, if I add a product to cart and then just click the PayPal Express Checkout, it only sends the cost of the product, but not the shipping cost.
Any idea?

Thanks
Frank

Post by OSWorX » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:48 am

Standard behaviour, because shipping cost is added during the checkout process only.
So, when hitting the button right after the "Add to Cart", shipping cost cannot be added.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by clubplug » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 am

OSWorX wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:48 am
Standard behaviour, because shipping cost is added during the checkout process only.
So, when hitting the button right after the "Add to Cart", shipping cost cannot be added.
Hi OSWorX, thank you for the reply. I am new to opencart so please excuse my "crazy questions". BTW, so far so good with opencart, love the fact it's open source.

Just to get back to the question, so if it's standard behavior, does that mean we should not put the PayPal Express Checkout in the Checkout layout? What I mean, if we do put it on the layout, you will have customers who will click on it and never get charged the "Shipping Cost"... I find that a little strange, why do they tell us to place the PayPal Express Checkout on the "Checkout" layout then?

Maybe I am missing something here... Just trying to understand who this works?
Thanks again, much appreciated...
Frank

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:03 am

clubplug wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 am
OSWorX wrote:
Hi OSWorX, thank you for the reply. I am new to opencart so please excuse my "crazy questions". BTW, so far so good with opencart, love the fact it's open source.

Just to get back to the question, so if it's standard behavior, does that mean we should not put the PayPal Express Checkout in the Checkout layout? What I mean, if we do put it on the layout, you will have customers who will click on it and never get charged the "Shipping Cost"... I find that a little strange, why do they tell us to place the PayPal Express Checkout on the "Checkout" layout then?

Frank
For store owners that don't need to use shipping costs as well as for their customers to purchase non-physical products.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by clubplug » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:29 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:03 am
clubplug wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 am
OSWorX wrote:

Frank
For store owners that don't need to use shipping costs as well as for their customers to purchase non-physical products.
I see... Thank you for clearing that up for me.