Post by replaymd » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello there. I am adding products to my site, using journal 2 at the moment.
The whole experience feels sluggish and inefficient.
From uploading images, adding them, using options, shipping calculations etc.
Are there any extensions that you use that make your whole experience smoother and adding functions to the site?
Thank you in advance. O0

Post by letxobnav » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Your whole experience feels sluggish and inefficient and you want to add functions?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Yes and this experience is called learning. No extension will substitute you this. If you don't ant to learn, you can always pay someone to do everything for you.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:07 pm

First of all, get rid of Journal 2 theme, see this forum thread, it's non-standard and will clash with many other 3rd party OpenCart extensions. For faster product editing, you can use the Export/Import tool.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by replaymd » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:14 am

letxobnav wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm
Your whole experience feels sluggish and inefficient and you want to add functions?
Oh come on.. On a working bench what makes me work more efficient, is a better toolbox and tools. Doesn't make sense to add functions to improve it?
thekrotek wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Yes and this experience is called learning. No extension will substitute you this. If you don't ant to learn, you can always pay someone to do everything for you.
That's why I am here. Already paid someone to do most of the stuff for me. What I am searching is for couple solutions and we are at the point that seems that no other client has asked them to make the experience more friendly and enjoyable. I played a bit with wordpress sites. But now, its different, it's an e-commerce shop, on opencart and it needs to be productive and profitable. I believe an end user doesn't have to know 100% of how something functions. A race driver drives the car, he isn't a mechanic. He focuses on driving the car and also providing some feedback on the mechanic to improve the vehicle. He has a grasp though how the car works, but not to the level a mechanic does...
But since you mentioned learning, from where to start?
JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:07 pm
First of all, get rid of Journal 2 theme, see this forum thread, it's non-standard and will clash with many other 3rd party OpenCart extensions. For faster product editing, you can use the Export/Import tool.
Browsed it a bit. Whatever is says about journal is not bad. Its also a 3 years at least post. But the import/export function seems promising though! thx for the heads up.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:15 am

Attachments

opencart_storemanager.jpg

opencart_storemanager.jpg (109 KiB) Viewed 484 times

I'm rarely active at the OC Forum lately. To reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
A Demoversion of my free OpenCart LIGHT v.1.5.6.5 Software Edition
can be seen in real Action here: http://www.jti.li/shop/
---
1'300+ FREE OC Extension-Repositories - from OC v.1.5.x up,
on the world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by replaymd » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:37 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:15 am
Just an Idea ... ;)
https://www.opencartmanager.com/free-download/
Ok, that's interesting, need more for time for an elaborate reply. I will check it out and do a follow up :) Thanks.

Post by johnp » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 pm

For me it's vqmod, the vqmod manager extension, a language editor extension, the simple login security extension, the default theme and as few other extensions as possible depending on the store/site requirements. If OC is kept light it flys. Add on cidram for extra security and you have a nice platform.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK