Post by bhy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello,
I have OC 3.0.2.0 with the default theme. I can install ocmod extensions, there is no error message, the extension installer says they are installed successfully and I can see them installed under the extension installer. However, they don't appear in the respective areas of the administration at all. This happened with an extension for a xml feed of a local price comparison website, and another one for local shipping options. Both are ocmod. Some time ago, I was able to install successfully another ocmod-based xml feed extensions and it was without this issue.

I refreshed the cache under modifications and both caches on the dashboard, and I tried it in an anonymous window to prevent the browser from caching anything. I also checked administrator's permissions under system > users > user groups, and access is allowed everywhere. I even tried the installerallowalldirectories.ocmod.zip extension which is supposed to fix this, but still no luck. (I tried removing and reinstalling the extensions every time.)

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Perhaps some permission issues on the server? (That doesn't seem to make sense, as ocmod extensions reside in the database, not in the filesystem, right?)
Thank you
Petr Břeň

edit: the problematic extensions are these two (still waiting for replies from their support):
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=31458
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=32856
but I think it's something within OC 3.0.2.0 rather than the extensions, they're from quite good authors.

bhy
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by newwaycamping » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 pm

I have the same issue!
I come across this problem beacuse the makertplace dosen't work (the API is broken i guess), so i said to myself "let's manually install the extension then".

At the end i'm stuck with two issue now, the built-in marketplace not woring and the manually extensions not appearing where they should, nice! ???

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by bhy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm

I found out that the ../storage_biovina/ directory which I use for this installation of OC had owner set to root:root (even though all the subdirectories were apache:apache), I changed it to apache:apache but it didn't help. The absence of any error message is very frustrating.

bhy
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by bhy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Changing the permissions of ../storage_biovina/ to 777 didn't help either, I'm out of ideas..

bhy
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by labeshops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:15 am

Noticing the same thing. I have to log out and log back into the store, then they show up.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by bhy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Turns out it was a problem with the extensions after all, and not a problem of OpenCart. One of the extensions has the installer zip which contains folder admin/ etc. directly and not in an upload/ folder. I changed the installer zip so that the folders admin/ etc. are in the upload/ folder and it works now. The second extension is (probably, according to the documentation of an older version) not supposed to be installed via the installer. I uploaded the files manually and it works now.

bhy
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests