Post by adibranch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:58 pm

hi all, i'm looking for a way to have a button switch between excluding/including tax. Any ideas ? Cant find a solution in the addons.

Post by DigitCart » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 am

Hi
I have developed this as an extension for OpenCart 2.3.0.2 for a client but I did not publish it on OpenCart marketplace yet.
if you need it, I can prepare and publish it for OpenCart 3.0.

My Extensions

Post by adibranch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi, yes i definitely need it, as a client has requested it. Would it work with all themes do you think ? (i'm using Journal 3).

Post by DigitCart » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi
OK, I will do that. I will test it with Journal3.

Thanks

My Extensions

Post by adibranch » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Post by DigitCart » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 am

Hi
it is released:
Switch Tax By Customer
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37138

Journal3 support is included.

My Extensions

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 am

DigitCart wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 am
Hi
it is released:
Switch Tax By Customer
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37138

Journal3 support is included.
Interesting. Does it also include the regional tax settings?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DigitCart » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:15 am

Hi
thank you.
it is like $this->config->get('config_tax') option but per customer.

My Extensions

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:23 am

Unfortunately, that won't fully cover it. I've discussed the matter with Daniel on Github since, what it seem to happen, is that service providers are more and more restricting the currency totals by regions. Which means, while store owners may believe that two verifications a day does suffice to succeed all transactions with their automated currency conversion extensions, it can rather require to go up to five times during the day.

This can be problematic during checkout and with the admin API since, depending on the regions, the total can be unbalanced especially if the tax currency is set overall and converted for all regions based on the total decimal being displayed in stores. On my Github namespace, you should find a created library file in system/library folder where regional settings are being regrouped. Right now, it is incomplete for other files to use it since, even I, am not totally sure how to maintain those regrouped information with their total converted decimals without impacting the service levels. If you ever find a workaround for this, it would be great to know since, despite how long or how short the next release time period of OC will be, the same issue (perhaps even more restricted in the future) will be in effect by service providers on anyhow.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DigitCart » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 am

Thank you for this information.
I created this extension for a client about one year ago and I believe he has no problems using this extension.
Can you please share a link to that discussion if it is public, so I can read it?

Thanks

My Extensions

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 am

I think I found the solution. With Johnathan's extension: Payment / Shipping restriction by Countries (/ Zones?), it may not restrict the goods to be purchased by IP addresses based on their location but will still notify customers that specific goods cannot be purchased in those particular areas. It does, however, impact the POS strategies since sales aren't supposed to be restricted as long as the service providers provides the opened doors to those assets.

Perhaps something more ... in the middle of these two discussions should do it in order to maintain the SLAs between customers and service providers. The only recent problem is the removal of the comment parameter in the add order history from checkout for each payment extension modules being used as compared to previous versions. Unfortunately, with those being removed, customers have the opportunity to try to buy the goods each first attempts without a comment either for the order histories to be looked at afterwards by store owners. I will try to suggest an API comment field rather than a simple comment field for customers and store owners for more detailed tracking purposes upon customers incident report requests about their transactions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by adibranch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Thanks DC for sorting this out. i'll take a look now :)