Post by TomSut » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:24 am

Opencrt 3.0.2.0
Journal 3 theme
Export / Import Extension

Bit of a strange thing going on here.
If i type my product description out in the description box and save it it will appear in full on the products page as it should.
If i use the spreadsheet the Export / Import Extension provides and type in my description in there and then import it it will only import 255 characters worth of my full description that is 600+ charters long. Why is it only importing 255 characters?
Doesn't seem to be any setting for this Extension limiting the description length.

I have just under 800 products so entering descriptions individually is not an option

Thanks

Tom
Last edited by TomSut on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by letxobnav » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:35 am

well, look at that import extension, the database can hold 65,535 characters for the description so it isn't that.
an excel column has a max width of 255 but a cell can contain up to 32,767 characters.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by TomSut » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 pm

It was that an excel column has a max width of 255. Only work around is using CSV and a different extension.

Thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:58 pm

TomSut wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:24 am
Opencrt 3.0.2.0
Journal 3 theme
Export / Import Extension

Bit of a strange thing going on here.
If i type my product description out in the description box and save it it will appear in full on the products page as it should.
If i use the spreadsheet the Export / Import Extension provides and type in my description in there and then import it it will only import 255 characters worth of my full description that is 600+ charters long. Why is it only importing 255 characters?
Doesn't seem to be any setting for this Extension limiting the description length.

I have just under 800 products so entering descriptions individually is not an option

Thanks

Tom
The XLSX spreadsheet supports more than 255 characters for a worksheet cell. I suggest you use LibreOffice Calc instead of MS Excel.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member