Post by glolar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Hello all,

Just upgraded a 1.4.9.3 store to 3.0.2.0.

1. Customer selects Store Pickup as the shipping method, and checks out.
2. Customer is taken to PayPal, where they select the option to "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", and is routed to the PayPal Guest Checkout screen.
3. PayPal Guest Checkout displays a Shipping Method drop-down box and REQUIRES the customer to select a shipping method (the only available option is "Priority - $0.00 USD"). The customer selected Store Pickup in OpenCart ... DO NOT WANT THEM to have to select Priority US Shipping once they get to the PayPal Guest Checkout screen.

If the customer checks out on my old 1.4.9.3 store, chooses Store Pickup as the shipping option, the Shipping Method drop-down box on the PayPal Guest Checkout screen is disabled (as it SHOULD be).

Same user with the same billing and shipping addresses are used in both the 1.4.9.3 and 3.0.2.0 scenarios, so I'm guessing that SOMETHING is different about the the way OpenCart 3.0.2.0 passes data to PayPal.

Does anyone know how I can make that shipping method drop-down box on the PayPal Guest Checkout screen be disabled, using 3.0.2.0, like it is when 1.4.9.3 is used?

I am attaching a screen capture of the PayPal Guest Checkout for both OpenCart version 1.4.9.3 and 3.0.2.0. Notice that the screen cap for 1.4.9.3 says

"These options are provided by the merchant based on your shipping address ZIP code: 76548"

while the screen cap for 3.0.2.0 says:

These options are provided by the merchant based on your shipping address

The "ZIP code: 76548" part of the message is missing in the 3.0.2.0 scenario, even though the zip code is passed to PayPal, and the zip code field is populated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

paypal_guest_checkout_3020.jpg

paypal_guest_checkout_3020.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 882 times

paypal_guest_checkout_1493.jpg

paypal_guest_checkout_1493.jpg (47.89 KiB) Viewed 883 times

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 pm

You can remove that requirement from your custom theme's PayPal theme files in the form field that mentions: shipping that may have been set to 1. Simply replace the value with 0 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:45 am

Turns out that this problem was caused by having shipping tables in OpenCart AND in PayPal. I removed the shipping tables in PayPal, and the problem went away.

Don't know why the problem just suddenly appeared, because the shipping options had been in PayPal for a long time. But at least it is now fixed.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 am

Don't know why the problem just suddenly appeared, because the shipping options had been in PayPal for a long time. But at least it is now fixed.
Possibly due to API changes on their end.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON