Post by Themaker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Hello,

I have fresh install of Opencart 3.0.2.0 with Journal theme ver. 2.16.8 , with 3 extensions 1. EU VAT Compliant, 2. Product Extra Field Pro - Plus, 3. Add Sample to cart , and two languages Greek and Romanian.
No modifications have been made.

So when I set it up PayPal Express Checkout as described , I set both Sandbox and Live, but in both modes when i try to finish the order and select PayPal payment method then press Confirm Order it redirects me directly to PayPal login screen with no other payment options.

I did some research and also on the PayPal Official website and it should show me at least 3 payment options PayPal Pay, PayPal Credit and Credit Card.

I have check the PayPal sample code provided on their official website on one of my other html websites , and it shows all the three payment options correctly.

Can You please advise me what else can be done, so that all payment options are available to the client?

Location - Bulgaria

Post by OSWorX » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Would say it has to do with the customers country and/or your shop country.
Not in all countries are all PayPal payment options available.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Themaker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:19 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 pm
Would say it has to do with the customers country and/or your shop country.
Not in all countries are all PayPal payment options available.
I'm not sure this is the case, as I mentioned in my post above "I have checked the PayPal sample code provided on their official website on one of my other html websites , and it shows all the three payment options correctly." - in the same country with the same PayPal account.

and it shows it correctly (please see image below):

In Opencart PayPal Express Checkout configuration I have used the same API Sandbox Username, API Sandbox Password, API Sandbox Signature!

I seriously doubt that the problem is with PayPal code, Store location, or Customer location.

Thank you

Location - Bulgaria

Post by OSWorX » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm

You wrote that you have installed e.g. a custom Template.
Just to be sure it works, have you tried the payment method with a original (untouched, no extensions, no custom template) OpenCart installation?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Themaker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:16 am

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm
Just to be sure it works, have you tried the payment method with a original (untouched, no extensions, no custom template) OpenCart installation?
No, not yet, just because as I wrote "No modifications have been made" , but now as You mention it I will do!

Here at the forum about another PayPal Express Checkout issue regarding the appearance and immediate hide of the PayPal Logon window, I read a comment from a PayPal customer regarding this problem, they replied that it was an Opencart problem, but this whole is another different case, and the discussion I've read is from the beginning of this year.

Whether someone can show which PayPal files are responsible for the payment and where they are in the system? - Just want to look at them too.

Location - Bulgaria

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 am

Themaker wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:16 am
Whether someone can show which PayPal files are responsible for the payment and where they are in the system? - Just want to look at them too.
Basically in:

Code: Select all

../catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Themaker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:58 am

Thank You!
Is only this one, is no other files?
I found this file also.

Location - Bulgaria

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 am

And the template itself:

Code: Select all

..catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/payment/pp_express.twig
Where default has to be replaced with your your template name if not using the default.
That's all.

But you wrote that you are using Journal - maybe they have their own template and set not all correct values?!

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Themaker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm
Hi,
I just tested PayPal Express Checkout on clean Opencart 3.0.2.0 Untouched fresh installation as advised me.
However, things are even worse, I have the problem with the disappearance of the login window, for this problem, everyone writes in this forum and in principle.
Finally, when I have to confirm the payment, there is no confirmation button in the form.

I think, from what I have read so far, and my tests that the Opencart module "PayPal Express Checkout" itself and the integration is buggy and does not work properly.

I wonder, they do not know about it and why not fix it ???
Whether there is a way to fix it in some way, where this error may have to be corrected, and so on. I just wonder!

Location - Bulgaria

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:16 am

Just tested on a clean install on 3.0.2.0.

After clicking the "PayPal Check out" button at checkout. In the PayPal pop-up Just below the Log In button. I see the following button.
Pay by Debit or Credit Card
If the button is not showing for for you it could be a few reasons, including your PayPal account settings. The follow may help.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/art ... ion-ts1623

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Themaker » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:14 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:16 am
Just tested on a clean install on 3.0.2.0.

After clicking the "PayPal Check out" button at checkout. In the PayPal pop-up Just below the Log In button. I see the following button.
Pay by Debit or Credit Card
If the button is not showing for for you it could be a few reasons, including your PayPal account settings. The follow may help.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/art ... ion-ts1623

I apologize for the delayed response

I also tested PayPal Express Checkout on a clean Opencart 3.0.2.0 at the beginning I had a problem with the disappearance of the PayPal Logon window, which disappeared in seconds even though the window disappears in seconds, when pressing the PayPal button this pop-up window tries to open twice.

As I got tired with Opencart's pre-integrated buggy modules, I decided to try the Braintree Module also, which had the same problems at the beginning, but after adjusting some settings in PayPal and Braintree accounts as they need to be linked - Only through the Braintree module when I click on "Pay with PayPal" and pop-up window opens (again twice), PayPal opens up with credit card options even though the credit card box is open by default by selecting Braintree payment gateway.

Once the PayPal login window has been loaded through Braintree with a credit card payment option, but I cancel the payment and go back to the Checkout page and then press the PayPal Express Checkout button, in some cases it also shows me in the login window possibility to pay with cards.

Don't know why i so happen ...
But there is still issues :(

Location - Bulgaria

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:23 am

I believe you asked about my 3.0.2.0 Bug Fixes, which doesn't address these issues, but I wanted to mention that if you're interested in a PayPal solution that definitely works, my Braintree Payment Gateway does support a PayPal button. You can also accept credit cards with it, or if you don't want to do that, I can tell you how to hide the credit card fields so only a PayPal button shows up. I can also assist with any issues with it, if you do have any.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions. If you prefer to get a free solution that's completely understandable, so hopefully someone will post here with a solution. I personally haven't tested the built-in PayPal or Braintree PayPal options in quite a while, so I don't have any solution for the problems, unfortunately. Hopefully someone else that's experienced it knows a solution.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OSWorX » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:08 am

What I am constantly missing here in this discussion, you are talking always about problems with 'popup' windows.

Which Browser are you using?
And how are those setting in?
And, are you using any Antivirus, Antispam or another solution?

And, are you sure that your PC (or whatever you use) is not infected?

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by pixeldzn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:53 am

OSWorX wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:08 am
What I am constantly missing here in this discussion, you are talking always about problems with 'popup' windows.

Which Browser are you using?
And how are those setting in?
And, are you using any Antivirus, Antispam or another solution?

And, are you sure that your PC (or whatever you use) is not infected?
I think I can clarify this. PayPal Express Checkout utilizes a popup window over the checkout confirmation page to facilitate login and payment authorization with PayPal, rather than the behavior PayPal Standard uses that takes the user away from your website to PayPal, and then back to your website.

With OpenCart's implementation PayPal Express Checkout, the option to forego login in to PayPal and instead pay with a credit card is not being displayed. I can confirm this behavior on my new installation of OpenCart 3.0.2.0 as well.

It appears to possibly be as if the stock implementation of PayPal Express Checkout is not fully up to date.

If someone wanted to develop a new module that offered configuration of the customizations available in the Express Checkout API as far as button sizes and display, enabling or disabling credit card payment vs login, and implementing the full functionality that lets the user forego entering billing and shipping addresses instead capturing them from PayPal, I am guessing you would be successful with offering it on the marketplace. I would purchase it immediately.

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:54 am

Unfortunately the option to pay by card without a PayPal account is not something you can set in the module. This is something PayPal determines their side.

From https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/art ... ion-ts1623
How do I accept credit cards with Checkout using the Guest Checkout option?
About Guest Checkout
Buyers don't always have the option to complete their purchases without using or creating a PayPal account. This option is presented based on several risk factors, including but not limited to the buyer's PayPal purchase history, PayPal cookies stored on the buyer's computer, the buyer's location, or a credit assessment.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom