Post by madmikefalkirk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello!
Recently updated everything (oc to latest ect) and was going through my stuff and have set up paypal express and login with paypal...

but for the love of god cannot see where you add them to the journal theme! Its probably something really simple, a menu i am overlooking....
All I want is paypal login beside regular login and paypal express on checkout, nothing fancy!

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:03 am

Contact the Journal theme developer to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Burt65 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:22 am

madmikefalkirk wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm
Hello!
Recently updated everything (oc to latest ect) and was going through my stuff and have set up paypal express and login with paypal...

but for the love of god cannot see where you add them to the journal theme! Its probably something really simple, a menu i am overlooking....
All I want is paypal login beside regular login and paypal express on checkout, nothing fancy!
Not just with Journal, but with most themes that do use their own config folders, you need to copy and paste the TPL file (in this case the pp_button.tpl) to the corresponding Journal folder : /catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/extension/module

As fas as Paypal express in the checkout, Journal will show any payments available that are enable in the Admin/Payments in OC. This also works for the Quick Checkout

Just remember that OC does treat Paypal login as Guest login. Just in case you wonder why the customer that did use Paypal to login doesn't show up as a new customer but just as a new Order. Therefore, customer not using the standard OC login will not also be able to see their own purchase online or redeem Reward Points, as they are not registered on your shop...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz