Post by toddsworld » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 am

Hello,
Hopefully someone's been through this and can help me. ???

My client has a running OpenCart v.1.5.6 Store running the UPS Shipping module without any issues.
________________________________________________________________________________
I am building an upgraded OpenCart v. 3.0.2.0 Store for him while he continues to run his old store.
I have the same settings and geo codes, ups logins and passwords (I've spent ALL day on this). I get an error at checkout:
"Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"
The OpenCart error Log shows the information was sent AND received back from UPS. Within that Error Log transcription I noticed that it even returned the UPS shipping prices.
<see attachment pics>

Why is this failing in my OpenCart checkout? Hopefully someone is really smart and can help me get back on track here with this new Opencart website 3.0.2.0 :)

Thanks for any advice or assistance . . .

Todd

Attachments

ErrorLog-UPS.jpg

ErrorLog-UPS.jpg (213.54 KiB) Viewed 7375 times

kna-checkout-NO-ups.jpg

kna-checkout-NO-ups.jpg (136.67 KiB) Viewed 7375 times

Last edited by toddsworld on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:18 am

Please post the portion of the log results on a separate as an attachment (ZIP) . Your screenshots do not clearly demonstrate the source of the issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by toddsworld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

I'm sorry,

Here's the zip file of my error log.

Tonight I just did a fresh install of Opencart 3.0.2 thinking a module or theme may have caused the UPS Module to not work.

BUT, NO! It still doesn't work, with a fresh OC install. So at this point I would have to warn anyone that wants Opencart 3.0.2 - MAKE SURE UPS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT for your store :-\

If ANYONE comes up with a solution - please let me know...

Thank you,

Todd

Attachments

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by toddsworld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:33 pm

The developer is OpenCart :choke:
It's the default UPS Shipping Module.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 pm

My apologizes. I guess I should of asked if this was an installed extension or from the core. That's what happens when people skips instructions or questions. ;D

As for the provided logs, it does not look like you have any issues with it:

Code: Select all

<ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription>
All instances of the XML result object do provide a successful status response in your log file which means the fact you are receiving a no shipping module installed message may only originate by other causes in Opencart, not because you are using UPS.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by toddsworld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 pm

I have just installed a new fresh Opencart 3.0.2.0 and Fresh data base with NO other themes or modules and I still get "Warning: No shipping Options Available" when I try to do a UPS quote or try to checkout with any merchandise. AND, if it's working correctly why is it leaving the error logs? I see the communications are "sent" & "recvd" so that seems to work - but why doesn't it operate correctly during checkout? Would you be willing to get this working through checkout for me if I PM you the logins? It's just a blank Opencart at the moment (like I said) and just has my basic settings input as well as the UPS API credentials and secret key. Thanks, Todd

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Has the shipping address been configured on the customer's account you or a customer has created? Take note that customers addresses no longer can be created while a customer account gets created. Only once the customer's account has been created when using v3.0.2.0+ releases.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:22 pm

What are your settings set to in the UPS module, have you ticked all the services? Have you tested with Flat Rate shipping module to emimate other issues?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by toddsworld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:27 pm

The flat fee shipping works! The UPS Module has been setup exactly as we have it currently working in our old OC 1.5.6 version. We have the UPS Ground checked -only option.

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by toddsworld » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 am

:joker: GEEZZZ, I thought I tried this the other day and it didn't work, before I tore my whole site down. But Guess what? You are DA MAN! ADD Creative for making me try this again. It worked! Thank you ADD Creative and Straightlight for your assistance. Now I guess it's back to work for me ;D

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:46 am

No problem. The assumption was correct:
a no shipping module installed message may only originate by other causes in Opencart, not because you are using UPS.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 am

I was wondering if the same fix for version 3 for UPS also applies to version 2.3.0.2?

I have edited the ups.php in the shipping extension with changing all the instances of:

$this->config->get('ups_

WITH:
$this->config->get('shipping_ups__

But it doesn't seem to be helping, still get a 'No shipping options are available' if I turn off USPS
I had to change the URL to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
Per UPS dev kit, but that only stopped the 'permission denied' issue

I have already setup another install on a seperate domain to test and still having the same issue.
Any logs (other than Admin > System logs) I can look at?

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 am

When making those replacements in v3.x releases, ensure to uninstall the extension then to reinstall before retesting.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am

I'm using 2.3.0.2 and the opencart extension for UPS
I have tried several times to uninstall and install and putting the info back in but no luck

I installed a stock 2.3.0.2 on another domain and it's not working either.
But I am getting this error on the new domain only.. sigh....

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on null in
shipping/ups.php on line 243, referer: index.php?route=checkout/cart

By the way, I had to change the URL used to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
When I contacted UPS support they told me this and should be changed in all versions of UPS
"API URLs starting with www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ or https://www.ups.com/webservices/ are not currently supported. "
Attached is the Rating Package XML Deleloper Guide.pdf which states the same thing.

So not sure whom I need to contact, but the devs for Opencart will need to change the code for all versions, otherwise it will just error out and
say 'permission denied'

Attachments

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am

Enable the debug mode in your admin UPS shipping module. Then, test another transaction. In your admin - > systems - > maintenance - > error logs page, see the most recent line beginning with:
"UPS DATA RECV:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:01 pm

I have debug mode on both my websites (production and fresh install test) and there are no error logs on either one when UPS is on
Only because when all shipping options are turned off and only UPS is on:
Warning: No shipping options are available...

I checked error_log and I have a couple of minor errors:
httpdocs/favicon.ico (file does not exist)
httpdocs/products (file does not exist) - not sure why this one shows up on the production site

If I change the URL in ups.php back to the original file, then I will get a Permission denied.

If you would like access, let me know

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

permission denied
The full provided and detailed message would be needed.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:09 am

Here is the full issue with Permission denied, it's fixed by changing the URL to the one provided by UPS dev kit
I blanked out my data with ******

2018-01-19 7:35:11 - UPS DATA SENT: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber>******</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>******</UserId> <Password>******</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>01</Code> </PickupType> <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>Miami</City> <StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>33156</PostalCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipTo> <Address> <City></City> <StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode></PostalCode> <ResidentialAddressIndicator /> </Address> </ShipTo> <ShipFrom> <Address> <City>Miami</City> <StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>33156</PostalCode> </Address> </ShipFrom> <Package> <PackagingType> <Code>02</Code> </PackagingType> <Dimensions> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>IN</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Length>1</Length> <Width>1</Width> <Height>1</Height> </Dimensions> <PackageWeight> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>LBS</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Weight>0.1</Weight> </PackageWeight> <PackageServiceOptions> <InsuredValue> <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode> <MonetaryValue>32.97</MonetaryValue> </InsuredValue> </PackageServiceOptions> </Package> </Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
2018-01-19 7:35:11 - UPS DATA RECV: <HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Access Denied</H1>

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate" on this server.<P>
Reference #18.805832b8.1516347311.6d106da
</BODY>
</HTML>

If I change UPS.php to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate it no longer errors, but doesn't work either

Thanks for helping