Post by smitch6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 am

Hi
i have a uk website V 2.0.3.1
I use the royal mail mod for shipping and occasionally post abroad but only if they email me and ask
is there any way i can post a message on the shop to someone if they try and order and their country isn't covered by the uk postcode system
so say they are in Ireland and try to order a message will appear saying please email us direct for postage options

www.pattestersuffolk.co.uk

Post by MrPhil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:26 am

Does the Royal Mail postage only cover the UK, and everything else is not covered? I'm kind of surprised that they don't have an option for foreign mail (most postal services do). It may involve contacting an RM server to get a quote on postage to specific destinations, which may in turn require some sort of account (I think the USPS rates work that way). Anyway, read carefully the RM mod documentation, and if there is no option for foreign addresses, see if there is another mod that does. I'm sure that somewhere there is provision for mailing out of the UK, but it might not be integrated into their online rate quote service, or just not covered by the mod you're using. If the former case, is there another online service you can use?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:36 pm

There should already be an error message if there are no shipping charges. If no charges are available, this would cause the "no shipping methods" error message to be displayed during checkout, which you can change the text of in /catalog/language/YOURLANGUAGE/checkout/checkout.php.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by smitch6 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm

thanks hopefully that will do it.
there is already a message saying no shipping option is available please 'contact us'
these ppl need it in massive text lol

www.pattestersuffolk.co.uk