Post by AliceH » Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 pm

I would love it if someone created an extension that added an interactive social community to opencart. For years I have been using joocart on joomla so that can have an integrated community on my website. This is not a great solution because many opencart extensions don't work properly on joocart. some developers are helpful and will sort out the issues and others will not. I also don't need all the extra stuff that comes with joomla I just need opencart with a place where people can communicate and interact. And I don't mean forum-style thing. This is what my site looks like now I would like to do that without having to use joomla. https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Yours is more like a blog of which there are various ones on the OpenCart marketplace.

Bear in mind though that OpenCart primarily is a ecommerce software.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by AliceH » Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Thank you for your answer, It is not really a blog it is more like facebook. I don't want to post articles that people can post replies to. I need it so that they can communicate with me and others. I know that opencart is E-commerce I sell embroidery designs and I give a free one away each day. Opencart is perfect for that but because I give free stuff away I have about 500 people using the site and if they have a problem I get swamped with emails. Having a community platforms helps to stop that from happening. Also helps to get people engaged on the website.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by thekrotek » Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm

OpenCart is an e-commerce platform. I doubt anybody will ever create something like JomSocial extension for it, so you'd better stick with Joomla. Alternatively, you may switch to WordPress.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by straightlight » Fri May 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Or, you could you always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by AliceH » Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 am

Thanks, I did consider the request for a custom job but that would cost quite a lot and my site does not make a lot of money, I also worry that when I update opencart the custom extension might stop working.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 am

AliceH wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 am
Thanks, I did consider the request for a custom job but that would cost quite a lot and my site does not make a lot of money, I also worry that when I update opencart the custom extension might stop working.
This is why you really, REALLY should stick to Joomla. Trust me, I am a professional Joomla developer as well.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by AliceH » Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Thank you but how do I then get around the many opencart extensions that don't work properly.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm

AliceH wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm
Thank you but how do I then get around the many opencart extensions that don't work properly.
If you can't customize extensions and make them work properly on Joomla yourself, you can always hire someone.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by AliceH » Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am

I give away embroidery designs and run some google ads that make a little bit more than the cost of running the site. I can't afford to pay heaps of money to a developer for custom work, (I thought I had already said that). I would not know where to start with modifying extensions to work for me. I hate Joomla and have had nothing but trouble with it, I just want a simple solution in which Opencart is the website and my community is managed by an extension so that it is just a module inside Opencart. I can't even find an extension that will allow me to put Opencart modules into WordPress so that I can run them side by side. Maybe someone will decide it is a good idea and create an extension that does that. obviously, the people responding to this post have no interest in doing so. I won't try to convince you to do something you don't want to if you stop trying to convince me that I should not see the need for what I am asking for.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Wed May 12, 2021 7:22 am

AliceH wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am
I give away embroidery designs and run some google ads that make a little bit more than the cost of running the site. I can't afford to pay heaps of money to a developer for custom work, (I thought I had already said that). I would not know where to start with modifying extensions to work for me. I hate Joomla and have had nothing but trouble with it, I just want a simple solution in which Opencart is the website and my community is managed by an extension so that it is just a module inside Opencart. I can't even find an extension that will allow me to put Opencart modules into WordPress so that I can run them side by side. Maybe someone will decide it is a good idea and create an extension that does that. obviously, the people responding to this post have no interest in doing so. I won't try to convince you to do something you don't want to if you stop trying to convince me that I should not see the need for what I am asking for.
There's nowhere to be said where people have no interest of doing so. If you were guided to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum is because, in fact, somebody-to-many-people are willing to help you. The reason why and the reality is that you're looking for an extension based on the above statement for you to be able to get somebody who will do the free work without knowing the involvement and the workload your service request is rather about on your behalf.

See, back in the mid-90s, it was easier to go to parties and show to the crowd that everyone of us would exist and share the free beers. Since 1997, however, even PayPal did thought to convince people to use their donations feature so that people can provide their share financially over the internet since beers are not as easy to share freely as it used to be. Over the years, technology has evolved and grown in order for Businesses to grow larger. Google came in along and, still on this day, people still are not aware from the forum that this search engine even exists as forum supporters are implicitly here to remind them of that.

Therefore, if and since you cannot afford to pay a developer, then it is hardly you'll be able to manage your sales since to make money you need to spend some in the mean time. The quote level provided to you by extension developers is only by you and you alone to decide how important and valuable this service request is really about in the end.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by AliceH » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 am

I did not ask for something for free, I have spent a fortune on opencart extensions over the years. I am looking for a paid extension. I just can't afford to pay for a custom job. I don't know why I bother posting here.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 am
Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:45 am

AliceH wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 am
I did not ask for something for free, I have spent a fortune on opencart extensions over the years. I am looking for a paid extension. I just can't afford to pay for a custom job. I don't know why I bother posting here.
After all this time, if you were not referred to an extension nor could you have found one on the Marketplace, or from a 3rd party website, it then simply means that you are looking for something specific that has, either, not yet been developed or must be developed as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests