Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:34 pm

We have received a reply from Hostgator, as follows, with regards to smartaddons.net:
Hello,

Pursuant to Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), to properly notify us of an infringement of your copyright, you need to provide the following information:

i) The name, address, phone number, email address (if available) and physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
ii) Identification of the copyrighted work(s);
iii) Identification of the infringing material you are asking us to remove or disable, and the Internet location of the infringing material;
iv) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (I/We have a good faith belief that use ..............)
v) A statement that the information in the complaint is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. (I/We declare, under penalty of perjury, that I/We am autho.................)

In order to process your notice, please resubmit it to us with the required information and in the DMCA-required format indicated above. Thank you.

Regards,
Hostgator Adherence Team
If any OpenCart extension owner could provide details of copyright infringements, with links to their OC marketplace entries, then I am happy to pass it on to Hostgator.

BTW.: Only this morning smartaddons.net has again sent spam messages to probably hundreds of OpenCart comment sections!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:18 pm

BTW.: Below is the latest list of probably illegally sold OpenCart extensions on smartaddons:
  • AJAX Quick Checkout PRO (One Page Checkout, Fast Checkout) v6.6.5
  • Admin Quick Edit PRO 6.2.0 - bulk editing of OpenCart elements
  • Mail Manager for OpenCart 2-3
  • TMD Account Dashboard Pro - OpenCart Account
  • Advanced Social Login Opencart
  • AnyCSV / XLS / YML PRO Edition v6.3.0.1
  • Quick Add, Edit Multiple Products
  • Edit product options in cart - change product parameters in the basket
  • Opencart Accelerated Mobile Pages - Accelerated Mobile Pages
  • order import export xml / xls (1.5.x, 2.x & 3.x)
  • Custom Registration Fields - OpenCart Custom Registration Fields

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member