Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Below are details of an extension thief who has been using other peoples code and changing some variable names around.

Vikas Kumar and Nitin Srivastava are thieves!
photo.jpg

photo.jpg (5.43 KiB) Viewed 14281 times

Username: nsrivastava2
Member Group: Member
First Name: Nitin
Last Name: Srivastava
E-Mail: nsrivastava2@gmail.com
Address 1: Velocity Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Address 2: E23 (Ground Floor) Sector 63
City: Noida
Post Code: 201301
PayPal: nsrivastava2@gmail.com

Username: velsof
Member Group: Member (30%)
First Name: Vikas
Last Name: Kumar
E-Mail: nsrivastava2@gmail.com
Telephone: +91 1204243310
Telephone: +91-9958092487
Web Site: http://www.velsof.com
PayPal: vkumar@velsof.com

Username: kamut
First Name: Vikas
Last Name: Kumar
E-Mail: kamut@gmail.com

Username: akumar2
First Name: Nitin
Last Name: Srivatava
E-Mail: akumar2@velsof.com

Copied

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sof&page=2
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... =excelport

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ed%20carts

1 for 1 copy of the vqmod

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ed%20carts

Extension they were selling:

Sales Coupon Enhancer - Easiest and Smartest
Pay via Amazon (US) - Payment Method
Save for Later - Better, Faster, Smarter Wishlist
Excel Importer - Product/Category/Customers XLS Export / Import
Auto Subscribe - Increase your Newsletter Subscribers
Google Shopping (US) - Increase Sales velsof
Price Alert (Increase your sales many folds checkout)
Abandoned Cart ( Recover Abandoned Carts, Cart )
Admin Order on Customer behalf
Scratch Coupon - Acquire new customers
Birds Eye View - Graphical & Grid view Sales Report Report
Shipworks for OpenCart (No Monthly Contracts)
Social Loginizer (Social Login Facebook, Google+, Twitter)
One Page Super Checkout Pro LANGUAGE TRANSLATION Checkout Check
Ajax Cart+ (Checkout Checkout)
[vqmod] Ajax Cart+
One Page Super Checkout (one-page-checkout, checkout checkout)

Different extension were reported quite a few times:

iSense

Just changed variable names, however, when we run in through diffnow.com we can see a clear pattern of copy/pasting code from our work.

Used our extension as a base.

Just changed variable names, however, when we run in through diffnow.com we can see a clear pattern of copy/pasting code from our work.

MarketInSG

clone of http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9132

The admin features and even the way they are listing this page is the same.

Clear Thinking
I believe this extension is a copy of this one:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9132

This user (velsof) purchased that extension, and they look awfully similar.

Reply emails from them after extension disabled:
On 10 September 2014 16:12, Nitin Srivastava <nsrivastava2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Kindly let me know which plugin have you found to have been copied.

We started with one plugin on OpenCart i.e. One page super checkout in January this year. We found that there is traction and we are selling good, so we went ahead and hired more people. We have 10 developers working various plugins since last 6months for OpenCart.

This account ban is going to destroy us. We don't what are we going to do with the 10 people with whom we are running this company. Not only our company's existence is on stake but the job of these people is also on stake.

You must have taken decision after analyzing our code. Please let us know which plugin did you find the code to have been copied. Its important for us to understand the reason behind this extreme decision.

If we would have been in the job of copy paste we would have launched the plugins right there in 2months from January and would not have invested more than 8months and hired a team of 10people.

Its a request that you look into this as its going to destroy the life of 12 people here.

Regards,

Nitin

On Jul 23, 2014 6:14 AM, "Nitin Srivastava" <nsrivastava2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We still do not know what we did wrong that our plugin has been banned. We developed that plugin for almost 1.5 months and when launched you have disabled it.

We did not copy the plugin code from anywhere so no issue related to copy right, we tested the plugin on various versions so chances of too many bugs is certainly not there, its not a fake plugin because we are in this business for long term and I guess our profile clearly shows the same. As far as malicious file is concerned, possibility of that is very low as we develop on Linux machines which have very less chances of any virus entering the system.

I have responded to each possibility mentioned by you in the first email we received , I guess we deserve to know a valid reason for the ban. We have already wasted several days of selling the plugin and yet no answer from your side.

This is really discouraging.

Regards

Nitin

On Jul 18, 2014 6:03 AM, "Nitin Srivastava" <nsrivastava2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We have invested more than 250 hours developing this extension and then it is disabled put of blue for no reason. Kindly let us know why it has been disabled.

Regards

Nitin

On Jul 17, 2014 9:31 PM, "Nitin Srivastava" <nsrivastava2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Kindly share the reason why the extension has been disabled.

Regards,

Nitin

On Jul 17, 2014 8:20 PM, "OpenCart" <webmaster@opencart.com> wrote:
velsof,

Your Extension Abandoned Cart (Checkout Checkout Checkout Checkout) has been disabled for breaking OpenCart's terms and conditions!

You can find below the reasons why your extension might have been disabled:

- Fake: Advertising with no download.
- Copyrighted: Reposting of another developer's exact work.
- Corrupt: The downloaded file won't open.
- Malicious: Virus or other damaging code.
- Extension is extremely low quality or has many bugs.

Best Regards
OpenCart Team
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your comment.

Certainly I did not personally like the "So fuck you!" comment but again, I have to be understanding and pragmatic and see the future of people dependent on me. They are dependent on me for their paychecks and I will be able to pay only if I have the extensions running. I know right now it is in your hands to destroy us completely. Before taking final decision on this, please think with a human touch too.

As far as test file of Excel Importer is concerned, I do agree that my team might have used it but that does not mean we used the code of Excel Importer. As far as Abandoned Cart code is concerned. I will talk to the developer at my end and dig into the issue. I am not a techie, so I do not understand the details. I just understand the business and I am not going to base this business on anything which is wrong.

If you think Importer and Abandoned Cart plugins have issues, please ban them but do not ban the account itself. We have not even sold one single copy of Excel Importer. If you want to forfeit any proceeds of earnings from Abandoned Cart, please go ahead do it. It will be a big lesson for me as well as my partner.

We will learn PHP basics and OpenCart basics so that we can understand what the techies are actually doing. If I would have known how to code or atleast read and understand the same, I would not have let this happen ever.

My only concern is the future of these young guys. They will lose job as I won't have money to pay them. So for their future, if I have to bend on my self respect even after hearing bad words, I will do that. I cannot simply back away from my responsibility towards them. I am also not going to back away from the responsibility of following OpenCart guidelines. I am going to learn PHP and OpenCart and make sure that I know enough to make out what the team has done and what standards or guidelines they have not followed and by any chance have their copied the code.

OpenCart plugins are our backbone, and we are running on the same. The last thing I can say is - Please do think about the future of ours and then take your decision. In any case, its going to be your decision.

--
Thanks and regards,

Nitin Srivastava

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Heres another one:

Username: Josephnoel
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: Noel
E-Mail: pluginfriends@gmail.com
Telephone: 9929949587
Company: pluginfriends
Address 1: manasarover jaipur
Address 2: nadbai,bharatpur
City: bharatpur
Post Code: 321602
Region / State: Rajasthan
PayPal: pluinfriends@gmail.com

He was selling

http://themeforest.net/item/responsive- ... or=tvlgiao

Copyrighted: Reposting of another developer's exact work.

these are all his extensions. i'm assuming he downloaded them all from pirate sites since he mangaged to upload 20 in 25 days.

BossTheme electronues market full-package Josephnoel No No Disabled 0 1 05/09/2014 09/09/2014
Product Price with Options Josephnoel Yes No Enabled 1 0 25/08/2014 25/08/2014
Price For Each - VQMOD Josephnoel Yes No Enabled 0 0 25/08/2014 25/08/2014
Price Manager Josephnoel No No Enabled 0 0 25/08/2014 25/08/2014
Live Price Update with Options+ Distribution Josephnoel Yes No Enabled 0 0 25/08/2014 08/09/2014
Boss_Best_Blog Josephnoel No No Enabled 1 1 22/08/2014 09/09/2014
CCAvenuePayment intigration module Josephnoel No No Enabled 0 0 06/08/2014 08/09/2014
CCAvenuePaymentGateway intigration Josephnoel Yes No Enabled 0 0 06/08/2014 30/08/2014
staticblockbanner Josephnoel No No Enabled 0 0 06/08/2014 08/09/2014
Redsms modole Josephnoel Yes No Enabled 0 0 06/08/2014 23/08/2014

msgatewayhub Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 0 0 02/08/2014 18/08/2014
CCavenue MCPG account Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 1 1 12/03/2014 30/08/2014
staticblockbanner Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 2 0 11/03/2014 06/08/2014
seo friendly with blog Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 25 0 22/01/2014 30/08/2014
CCAvenue Payment gateway Integration module Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 3 0 15/01/2014 06/08/2014
ccavenue payment integration module Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 3 0 15/01/2014 30/08/2014
redsms module Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 6 0 17/11/2013 06/09/2014
Order Tracker Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 1 0 11/11/2013 06/08/2014
Order Tracker Cirloskar Yes No Enabled 4 0 07/11/2013 06/08/2014

On 10 September 2014 14:01, PluginFriends PHPDoveloper <pluginfriends@gmail.com> wrote:
please open my seller a/c and transfer my pay

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM, PluginFriends PHPDoveloper <pluginfriends@gmail.com> wrote:
my transaction are send or not to be show do in http://themeforest.net/item/responsive- ... or=tvlgiao sir not be use in
plese sign in FOR A SELLER ACCOUNT AGAIN OR TRY TO BUY FROM US i will not use in electoniues marketing theame

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Daniel Kerr <webmaster@opencart.com> wrote:
BossTheme electronues market full-package

was taken from themeforest.

http://themeforest.net/item/responsive- ... or=tvlgiao

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A SELLER ACCOUNT AGAIN OR TRY TO BUY FROM US!

On 9 September 2014 13:48, PluginFriends PHPDoveloper <pluginfriends@gmail.com> wrote:
what wiil be resion my a/c is banned

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Kerr <webmaster@opencart.com> wrote:
your account is now banned for selling other peoples work!

On 6 September 2014 15:46, Plugin Friends <pluginfriends@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sir
my paypal pluginfriends@gmail.com A/C is not cmpleted ,complet me a/c is kaushaldeshana@gmail.com so all transaction are send in my paypal a/c kaushaldeshana@gmail.com so transfer my all currency in my a/c

Transactions

Your current balance is: $43.40.

Date Added Description Amount (USD)
02/09/2014 Product Price with Options Sale: $10.00 (-30% Commission) $7.00
29/08/2014 Boss_Best_Blog + In VQMod Sale: $15.00 (-30% Commission) $10.50
28/08/2014 CCavenue MCPG account Sale: $15.00 (-30% Commission) $10.50
26/08/2014 seo friendly with blog Sale: $12.00 (-30% Commission) $8.40
22/08/2014

CCavenue MCPG account Sale: $10.00 (-30% Commission)

$7.00

and all transaction add in this month your transfer the mony in onewith next month

josephnoel
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... Josephnoel

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:52 am

Another one.

Copied from pavothemes.com pavblog and tried to resell it via opencart.com. after checking the code its exactly the same.

http://www.pavothemes.com/opencart-modu ... odule.html

Do not do business with this guy! They have no shame. just steal other peoples work and try to resell it.

Disgusting people!
photo.jpg

photo.jpg (4.81 KiB) Viewed 14281 times

Username: JackLB
First Name: Bhavin
Last Name: Lashkari
E-Mail: jacklb.lashkari@gmail.com
Telephone: +919724338432
Address 1: Rudrax Residency
Address 2: LP Savani Main Road, Adajan
City: Surat
Post Code: 395009
Region / State: Gujarat
PayPal: jacklb.lashkari@gmail.com

Username: jhapani
First Name: Jitesh
Last Name: Hapani
E-Mail: jhapani@jmhtechsol.com
Telephone: 6503310709
PayPal: jitesh2803@gmail.com

web sites:

http://jmhtechsol.com
http://99centstheme.com

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 pm

interestingly, the website 99centstheme.com is still running. Do you think it's possible for us to send in a DMCA with the information you have to their web host to get their website down?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 am

This is exactly why OpenCart needs to start investing in moderation of extensions that are submitted, especially by newcomers, and possibly holding funds for up to 90 days initially before releasing them to the person submitting them

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by bobb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 am

I was one of the unfortunate customers to buy Velsof's "One Page Super Checkout", which is a clone of Dreamvention's Ajax Quick Checkout, before this thread was created. To make that decision, I did an extensive search of checkouts and bookmarked the ones I wanted to review in detail. I then did my research and demo tests and made a decision, but didn't purchase till a few days later. When I tried to go back to the OC store to buy it, I couldn't find it because the link I had bookmarked didn't work. Since it's slow to scroll through the extension list to find a specific product, I went straight to Velsof's site to make the purchase. This was Sept 1, 10 days before this thread was started.

Comment 1 - Leave the pages for bad products intact, but update the content of the product page so buyers know what's going on. If that had been done I would have made a different decision, wouldn't have wasted $45, and wouldn't have a thoroughly screwed up checkout. You must have known something was up because the product was removed, but potential customers were not made aware of it.

Comment 2 - If you find one knock-off, go look for others. It took me less than 30 minutes tonight to find what appears to be another clone of Dreamvention's Ajax Quick Checkout. I won't mention it here because there's a tiny chance I'm wrong, but I did report it. After using the Dreamvention clone for months I know what the screens look like, so I'm pretty sure my assessment is accurate.

Comment 3 - Notify past buyers, because someone who steals another developers' work won't be shy about ripping off individual customers. Maybe you already notified the buyers, and if so that's great. I didn't buy my copy from OC but I am having significant problems with the Velsof checkout and will have to ditch it immediately. Their tech support has been slightly better than awful at correcting the problems, but they were quick to suggest a 3-month service contract at $1800 a month. Really?

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:28 am

>>Since it's slow to scroll through the extension list to find a specific product<<
A valid Argument, the Extension Search is real pain in the neck, full of surprises, but of rather limited use.
No offense, just supporting above comment.

Ernie
ipc.li

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by paddys_1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:00 pm

I had purchased:

Ajax Cart+ (Checkout Checkout)
One Page Super Quick Checkout 1-Page Checkout Checkout Checkout

However I now have customers complaining that the cannot purchase items. I found this thread and it explains what is wrong. I can see that these extensions are now available for Free. Surely they should be disabled altogether?

Post by kirkhall » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:02 am

I was just googling around for "shipworks and opencart" and found this post.

I purchased Shipworks for OpenCart (No Monthly Contracts) mentioned in the first post above, before Shipworks was supporting and made available for download their own extension for OC. It did not work when I first installed it but they fixed so they did have support. I'm not using the fraud extension now but wow. After purchasing my share of extensions I have often thought of people possibly doing this but I see there is at least some monitoring of this which is good.

Post by davecook80 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 am

Hi all, it should be known to the OpenCart community that TMD developer has had five extensions removed because they were copied from other developers.

I'm not sure why OpenCart have only removed the found extensions and not band them all together? like they have done with the developers above... surely being caught with five copied extensions marks you as a professional Thief not a one-time mistake 🤔we are recommending all developers to check their extensions to make sure they're not also copied see full details here viewtopic.php?f=192&t=212783

Location - Australia

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 am

Well, stealing Knowledge is a reality. And especially, when it comes to OpenCart.
Not only in the Dev Scene, but also in the User Scene. Large parts of JOURNAL
Users have not paid for their Theme, it's possibly one reason, why so many hide
any info to their Sites. (Even Dev's... 8) )

On the other hand, encoding Source, to avoid theft, is not a good way either, and
it keeps many from obtaining such Extensions, in order to i.E. avoid outside Calls,
to send or get some information from a Mod Seller Site. And blaming Individuals
will not help either, since the Majority of available OC Code possibly contains some
Routines, found and taken from somewhere else ... :laugh:

Not to mention Sites, exclusively made, to offer such Code to so-called Members,
or then just for the plain fun of it, as it looks. How are you gonna ban those ? ::)

And how should a DEV be able to judge, what Code belongs to free or paid Knowledge ?
He would have to buy all the Code first, just to make sure ... :crazy:

Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by davecook80 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

"He would have to buy all the Code first, just to make sure ... :crazy: "

Or copy it when logged into FTP performing support to one of his customers like what happened to me😳

Location - Australia

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:40 pm

davecook80 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm
Or copy it when logged into FTP performing support to one of his customers like what happened to me😳
Thats disgraceful !!!!

Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:40 pm
davecook80 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm
Thats disgraceful !!!!
It is but it happens. There are some people that buy mods and just sell them on a site of their own. fbajans [dot] com for example

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Although OpenCart tries to moderate extensions, it is almost impossible for them to know if an extension is copied. We can probably look into moderating extensions for security / vulnerabilities instead, as there's plenty of badly coded extensions out there that needs to be removed.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:24 am

The OpenCart marketplace features 13000+ modules and themes to jump-start .........
But then, that number would probably go down to less than 1000, especially, if only
those Extensions count, really matching the Version advertized. That's, where
the 'smuggling' begins. But if not even official Doc's can be taken for granted, who
should care much about anything else. But OC is NOT a common goal, it never was,
for the big majority of all those, frequently visiting this place. Most only come, to get
something, for as free as posible, by Nature of human behaviour. And would not some
Fan's exist, like everywhere else, the 'free' Scene would long have died out already.
The OC Project was always a 'balancing act', but as more Pro it gets, the less 'free'
will be part of it, by all Business Logics.
And where Business exists, 'Smugglers' exist too ... 8)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland