Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Just a warning to OpenCart users to stay away from this domain name registrar:

http://www.namecheap.com

They refuse to disable a notorious spammer and OC software extensions thief, namely only3 dot club. The latter has been flooding the OpenCart comments sections with spam messages advertising questionable or stolen software on a daily basis for the past few weeks now!

We have asked namecheap.com several times to do something about this spammer, they refuse to disable his domain name.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:24 pm

Still no action from namecheap.com !

Sad to see domain name registrars openly accepting software thieves and spammers!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Today's reply from namecheap shows they are actively protecting clients selling stolen OpenCart software:
Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our response. It has been occured due to a massive amount of requests we are currently facing.

Let us inform you that Namecheap is not the owner of the domain name mentioned. We are simply the Registrar it is registered with.

Please contact the domain holder regarding your request. You are welcome to find their contact details using the Namecheap WHOIS tool:
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois ... only3.club

Guru Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:43 pm

Yes.
Namecheap sucks.

I have reported 5 days ago a page/website used for SMS UPS Phishing and that page is still working.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by by mona » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:02 pm

If it amounts to fraud (for the purpose of fraudulently obtaining money from another) you can make a complaint
https://complaint.ic3.gov

As far as I am aware no-one really seems to understand that if - for example namecheap.com - do not act responsibly all by themselves a law will be created to force them to - and then we all have to suffer cookie law - so unfortunately those that most oppose living under an authoritarian state are the reasons we all live under this type of authoritarianism - You can try to ask them nicely again and suggest that you will be providing their details for an investigation into why they have a policy to investigate and are not doing so ?

As long as people get $ nothing else matters to them until the threat of a fine is greater - this is not capitalism - this is assisting offenders and turning a blind eye - in fairness I think the dark web has bigger issues which should be dealt with immediately before the issues of money, spam and other annoying issues - so now it is as late as environmental issues .. That is my rant of the day over !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed May 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Cheaper isn't always better! They should be following ICANN rules but I'm glad to see others realize and point out what's really going on.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Kaarism » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:14 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:53 pm
Today's reply from namecheap shows they are actively protecting clients selling stolen OpenCart software:
Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our response. It has been occured due to a massive amount of requests we are currently facing.

Let us inform you that Namecheap is not the owner of the domain name mentioned. We are simply the Registrar it is registered with.

Please contact the domain holder regarding your request. You are welcome to find their contact details using the Namecheap WHOIS tool:
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/result?domain=only3.club
It's like the y2k era with them, I've also had several problems with Namecheap. When you order a domain, don't expect the whois to be directly hidden. In terms of security, we can do better, given that it's hidden as standard on most registrars. Take care of yourself, the Internet is vast...

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:21 pm

Adding that spaceship.com is run by namecheap.com so don't be fooled by that

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by SohBH » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 pm

You might want to consider consulting with a lawyer who can draft and send
cease and desist letter
to the domain name registrar regarding the stolen software.
In the letter, you can also request compensation for the damages caused.

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:22 pm

SohBH wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 pm
You might want to consider consulting with a lawyer who can draft and send
cease and desist letter
to the domain name registrar regarding the stolen software.
In the letter, you can also request compensation for the damages caused.
Bukan malaysia punya host lah

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia