Post by opentoshopping » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Simple; opencart auto-currency update not working, for many people, for a long time.

Who can / will fix it? And publish a fix that will keep working untill the end of time.

Getting Error: 2019-02-28 9:35:40 - PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'val' in //vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_model_localisation_currency.php on line 182

This is line 182:
foreach ($json as $name) {
$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '" . (float)$name['val'] . "', date_modified = '" . $this->db->escape(date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) . "' WHERE code = '" . $result['code'] . "'");
}

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Just use an extension from the Marketplace. Once and for all don't apply when requests needs to be pulled from a provider. In addition, no OC version posted and it's not a bug.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by opentoshopping » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:47 pm

So I'm on Version 2.3.0.2

Which extension do you recommend?

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:34 pm

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by opentoshopping » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 pm

So I tried the plugin, doesn't seem to work my previous currency rate entries are not updated.

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:25 am

Did you followed the instructions from the Marketplace or from the readme / installation file inside the installation package?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON