None of the OC versions are stable to use...
Well, one would have to be very familiar with each Version, to make such
a harsh Claim, but whoever uses OC v.126.96.36.199_rc
, will sure NOT agree
with such a statement. And NO Security Reports about Version 188.8.131.52_rc
exist anywhere, as one easy can find out, by searching the Web. And if only
100 Installations would worldwide exist, some problems would be known,
and talked about, but it's just not the Case.
And famous PEKU
's great MOD resulted in a Variety of free OC-2 type
Themes, enabling 184.108.40.206_rc to look and work like any 'later' Version OC
Theme as well, so, even OC familiar Visitors will not see from the Outside,
wich Version they're dealing with. (Exept for possibly the image path...
But basic OC v.220.127.116.11_rc was nothing really new either, just a 'finalized'
v.18.104.22.168, and since then, not a single topic has been opened at the OC Forum,
or anywhere else, by someone, looking for 22.214.171.124_rc Fixes or Solutions on
unsolved oc-technical matters.
But it does exist, despite of the Fact, that it did not make it, to stay as part of the
'official' Releases anymore. But this also had nothing to do with any quality
concerns, it was a strategic Decision by OC, due to the Situation, that OC v.2 was
already released, and an official OC v.126.96.36.199 would, at best, have hindered many
from moving up to the new v.2 Generation. And thereby requiring new Extensions
as well, since 1.5.6.x knowledge already existed in just about every possible form
It really makes no sense, to ignore this 'Release', when making 'global' statements
about OC Security. It has been released, and it still exists, just 'hidden' from 'regular'
public View. Bad enough, for a Software, wich should much better have been advised
as 'important' Update for former 1.5.6.x Releases, in order to fix their still existing
misses. It would sure have kept very many from screwing up, by trying to get a 'better'
Version, or at least a better looking responsive Layout.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... angelog.md
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... 306fb75707
Therefore, ignoring it, or handling it like an unwanted stepchild, does no change a
thing. It should rather be taken into consideration, before one tries to move up from
v.1.5.x to another 'main' version, mostly unaware of the fact, that NOTHING existing
will be usable anymore, exept for 'some' Product + Customer Data Content, wich needs
to be extracted from an old DB, to then correctly implanted again in a new Database,
widely different from any DB before.
OC v188.8.131.52 Code technology will work, as long as PHP 7.0.xx will exist on Servers.
Enough Time, to sit back and 'follow' the Scene, for those, still using 1.5.x Versions,
but waiting for the 'Ultimate' Solution, it will still take a while ...
Just to add my 2 Cents to this too.