Post by sanshay » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:38 am

Hello

I found a lot of topics about seo, but did not found or overlooked.
When i enable seo i get a not friendly url:

Code: Select all

Gradually%20Changing%20Color%20Soft%20TPU%20Protective%20Case%20-%20Gold
in most cases or longer product names i get a 404 error because its to long.

Can this been fixed, because now seo is disabled for showing all the procucts with no error.
But nog good for google.

I have OC 2.2 so any fix should be great.
I also have 100.000 products and dont like to edit them all. Loll

Kindley regards

Post by Randem » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:54 am

Hi sanshay,

Getting SEO URL's & Keywords To Work

This should give you some idea of how it should work.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by labeshops » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:44 pm

sanshay wrote:Hello

Can this been fixed, because now seo is disabled for showing all the procucts with no error.
But nog good for google.

Kindley regards
You put spaces between your keywords which is why it is showing %20 between them - that is the code for a space.

SEO urls need to have dashes or underscores ONLY so your example should be:
gradually-changing-color-soft-tpu-protective-case-gold for example.

Are you using a mod that auto creates seo urls from your titles? If so stop it! It's not creating them correctly and what is a good title isn't necessary a good seo url. I would personally keep it shorter and include keywords people search for "gold-soft-cellphone-case-iphone" and include the brand of phone it is for. If you don't have anything in the seo url field when you enable seo urls, I think it will by default use the title too (haven't tested this), so be sure to fill every seo url field on every product, category, etc.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by sanshay » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 pm

labeshops wrote:
sanshay wrote:Hello

But nog good for google.

Kindley regards
You put spaces between your keywords which is why it is showing %20 between them - that is the code for a space.

SEO urls need to have dashes or underscores ONLY so your example should be:
gradually-changing-color-soft-tpu-protective-case-gold for example.

Are you using a mod that auto creates seo urls from your titles? If so stop it! It's not creating them correctly and what is a good title isn't necessary a good seo url. I would personally keep it shorter and include keywords people search for "gold-soft-cellphone-case-iphone" and include the brand of phone it is for. If you don't have anything in the seo url field when you enable seo urls, I think it will by default use the title too (haven't tested this), so be sure to fill every seo url field on every product, category, etc.
Thank you, but all my products are imported at once.
So 100.000 products edit 1 by 1 is not an option. any other suggestion?
I have empty the keyword in my sql, but the seo url is showing the index.php?route=product/product&product_id=xxx, and not the title. So tested this for you :D
Last edited by sanshay on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sanshay » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Randem wrote:Hi sanshay,

Getting SEO URL's & Keywords To Work

This should give you some idea of how it should work.
Thank you.
I know how seo works, but in previous post i mention that i have imported 100.000 products at once and edit 1 one 1 is not an option.
Any other suggestion?

I have empty in my sql database all keywords.
Sql code:

UPDATE `oc_url_alias` SET `keyword` = ''
Now i need an auto friendly seo url extension, but i found so many seo extensions, so wich is good enough to support long characters without %20 code?
Example of my product titles:
GRADUALLY CHANGING COLOR SOFT TPU PROTECTIVE CASE - GOLD VOOR APPLE IPHONE 6 PLUS / 6S PLUS

Post by FlaviaMichael » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:27 pm

I have done the following steps to enable seo url, but i couldnt get it to work.

1.SEO url turned on in backend
2.Modified .htaccess.txt to .htaccess
3.Updated a unique keyword for categories and products

And i have my project in subdirectory of my server.

I cant find a solution for this (displaying 404 page only), expecting a reply to this issue soon.

Thank you!
www.sportsbeem.com.com

I m an online marketing employe and working for "Sports Beam | Sports Information Hub" that is new experience in this field and hope the project will succesded in months
www.sportsbeem.com

Location - united states

Post by labeshops » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 pm

Sorry but I have no suggestions for a mod since I have never used any of the automatic ones - sort of a control freak so I've never imported products adding each one by one manually and doing the seo urls manually too. Best suggestion is to look at the reviews of the mods and make sure the creator is still an active one.

I can recommend admin quick edit which I use whenever I need to do massive edits. I can select the field to show that I need to edit (like I recently added a ton of upc codes so showed that) in the product list and edit the field directly from the product list without having to open each product edit page. Great time saver.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Randem » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:01 am

sanshay,

You really should read the information before commenting on it...
Your answer indicates you never bothered to look at the information...

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:14 am

sanshay wrote:I know how seo works, but in previous post i mention that i have imported 100.000 products at once and edit 1 one 1 is not an option. Example of my product titles:
GRADUALLY CHANGING COLOR SOFT TPU PROTECTIVE CASE - GOLD VOOR APPLE IPHONE 6 PLUS / 6S PLUS
But if you would know, how SEO works, then, why and how would you expect something like this, to work? The Fellows already told you, that it_NEEDS_to_be_ONE_WORD_ONLY, technically at least, with NO white spaces in between, so, either do it, or forget it, there is no Shortcut for such. Especially NOT for things like '/', defined as 'legal' HTML, exept, to call a Sub in a link. But, just read the Books, this is not OC specific, this is the 'HTML' Standard way of doing things like HREF-LINKS.

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Johana86 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Wonderful, I've fixed it. Thank you