Post by enderless » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm trying to implement recurring profiles for a few items on my site (version 2.0.1.1) I created a monthly recurring profile and added it to a product, and I'm able to successfully create an order with the profile. However, if I try to create an order without a profile selected, I get a "Please select a payment recurring!" error. I am able to create a "No Subscription" recurring profile for $0, but I'm not sure that is the best route. Any ideas?

Attachments

openCart-error.png

openCart-error.png (17.61 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

Post by artcore » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Those profiles attached to products are not optional for the customer. Also PayPal will give an error as the price can't be zero unless it's a trial, so your workaround won't help. Profiles and regular direct payments are separate entities and treated as such by PP.
The only thing I can think of is modify OpenCart to not add the profile to cart at all when not selected.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: I moved on to Laravel ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by enderless » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

Thank you for the clarification artcore.

I didn't actually test a purchase with my $0 recurring profile, but I'll take your word on that. Any idea on how to implement the suggested fix? I can't imagine I'm the only one that has thought of a subscription/non-subscription for an item.

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 am

It's a good suggestion indeed. Should be an easy fix. I'll whip up something in the coming days on a spare moment.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 am

I would really appreciate it! I would certainly like to compensate you for your time as well. I'm looking to set up a subscription based service on my website that will hopefully appeal to our customer base.

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:49 am

Thanks in advance!
I've been working on a few extensions to improve on the recurring profiles in Opencart and your suggestion is certainly worthwhile. Your choice for Opencart is a good one, it's very feasable to do what you want ;D
Let me know if you bump into something.

Thanks!

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Thank you very much artcore! Been out of state for business, so sorry I haven't got back sooner.

Loaded it up and was able to add a recurring profile to product and add a single item/subscription with no error message. I'm going to set up a test tomorrow to push it through paypal's payment portal, but so far so good.

Thank you again for your time. PM your paypal email and I will send you something for your time. :)

Post by artcore » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi enderless,
Thanks and welcome back. I have support on all my mods in case you need any...
Cheers

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks again artcore. I really enjoy opencart, and the community support is amazing!

Post by vaughnchill » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 am

Hi @artcore. I'm new to OpenCart and running to the same issue now. I tried clicking your link above, but it gives a 404. I am using 3.0.2 and trying to implement the same functionality on our site by not making a recurring profile mandatory.

Any help you can provide to me?

Thank you so much.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 am

You're posting in the v2.x releases. However, here's a free extension you could use and easily convert it to v3.x releases or use it with the template switcher extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27638

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON