Post by enderless » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm trying to implement recurring profiles for a few items on my site (version 2.0.1.1) I created a monthly recurring profile and added it to a product, and I'm able to successfully create an order with the profile. However, if I try to create an order without a profile selected, I get a "Please select a payment recurring!" error. I am able to create a "No Subscription" recurring profile for $0, but I'm not sure that is the best route. Any ideas?

Attachments

openCart-error.png

openCart-error.png (17.61 KiB) Viewed 2444 times

Post by artcore » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Those profiles attached to products are not optional for the customer. Also PayPal will give an error as the price can't be zero unless it's a trial, so your workaround won't help. Profiles and regular direct payments are separate entities and treated as such by PP.
The only thing I can think of is modify OpenCart to not add the profile to cart at all when not selected.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by enderless » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

Thank you for the clarification artcore.

I didn't actually test a purchase with my $0 recurring profile, but I'll take your word on that. Any idea on how to implement the suggested fix? I can't imagine I'm the only one that has thought of a subscription/non-subscription for an item.

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 am

It's a good suggestion indeed. Should be an easy fix. I'll whip up something in the coming days on a spare moment.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 am

I would really appreciate it! I would certainly like to compensate you for your time as well. I'm looking to set up a subscription based service on my website that will hopefully appeal to our customer base.

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:49 am

Thanks in advance!
I've been working on a few extensions to improve on the recurring profiles in Opencart and your suggestion is certainly worthwhile. Your choice for Opencart is a good one, it's very feasable to do what you want ;D
Let me know if you bump into something.

Thanks!

Post by artcore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Thank you very much artcore! Been out of state for business, so sorry I haven't got back sooner.

Loaded it up and was able to add a recurring profile to product and add a single item/subscription with no error message. I'm going to set up a test tomorrow to push it through paypal's payment portal, but so far so good.

Thank you again for your time. PM your paypal email and I will send you something for your time. :)

Post by artcore » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi enderless,
Thanks and welcome back. I have support on all my mods in case you need any...
Cheers

Thanks!

Post by enderless » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks again artcore. I really enjoy opencart, and the community support is amazing!

Post by vaughnchill » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 am

Hi @artcore. I'm new to OpenCart and running to the same issue now. I tried clicking your link above, but it gives a 404. I am using 3.0.2 and trying to implement the same functionality on our site by not making a recurring profile mandatory.

Any help you can provide to me?

Thank you so much.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 am

You're posting in the v2.x releases. However, here's a free extension you could use and easily convert it to v3.x releases or use it with the template switcher extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27638

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON