Post by Rainforest » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:31 pm

I've created dev copies of my site so many times but this time I'm having the weirdest errors (I blame the ghost of 2020)

I created a copy of my site, my db. Fine.
Front end works fine.
The admin side I log in and it automatically takes me to the order dashboard
/admin/index.php?route=sale/order&token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I click any admin menu link and it just stays there.
I checked my htaccess, configs, they seem fine. No clue what to do other than delete and start again?

So, weird. Any ideas are appreciated.
Last edited by Rainforest on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 am

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:43 pm

Post your OpenCart version.
Post your PHP version.
Clear your browser cache.
Check your OpenCart and PHP error logs.
Check your web browser's developer console for errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by Rainforest » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Sorry I should know better

Yeah I cleared my cash and everything.

Oc 2.3.0.2
7.1 php
It's an exact copy of my life store. Very strange. I've checked the HT access and everything. I've never had this type of situation. I guess I'll just have to redeem make a copy again. Also when I add a new user for a developer and try to log in it just doesn't log that user in. Just stays on the login page

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Rainforest » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:55 pm

###UPDATE##

OK. So I looked in my database and noticed, new users added were getting the USER_ID of 0 (zero)
So, I went in and changed it to a number and it works.

I have no idea why this is/was happening but users with ID of 0 (zero) will not be able to login.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 am

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:23 pm

Rainforest wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:55 pm
###UPDATE##

OK. So I looked in my database and noticed, new users added were getting the USER_ID of 0 (zero)
So, I went in and changed it to a number and it works.

I have no idea why this is/was happening but users with ID of 0 (zero) will not be able to login.
The user_id is allocated by the database as it's set to AUTO_INCREMENT.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... .sql#L3603

If every time you add a new user the user_id is zero, it suggests there is something wrong with your database tables.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests