Post by emadrazanmay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:03 am

Hi guys
opencart version : 2.3.0.2
php version :7.4.5
i got this error on checkout page:

Code: Select all

trying to access array offset on value of type bool in system/storage/modification/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 171
the code responsible for this error is :

----------------------------------------------

if (isset($this->session->data['shipping_address'])) {
		$this->tax->setShippingAddress($this->session->data['shipping_address']['country_id'], $this->session->data['shipping_address']['zone_id']);
	} elseif ($this->config->get('config_tax_default') == 'shipping') {
		$this->tax->setShippingAddress($this->config->get('config_country_id'), $this->config->get('config_zone_id'));
	}
code in line "171" is :

$this->tax->setShippingAddress($this->session->data['shipping_address']['country_id'], $this->session->data['shipping_address']['zone_id']);
thanks for the help
Last edited by straightlight on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:05 am

See if the following could solved the issue for this version of PHP since it is still quite recent:

replace:

with:

if (isset($this->session->data['shipping_address']['country_id']) && isset($this->session->data['shipping_address']['zone_id'])) {

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by emadrazanmay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 am

yes it solved the problem
thank you straightlight for the great help

Post by aaron1988 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:00 am

This also helped me fix the issue for PHP 7.4 :) fantastic job.

Post by dashingwebtech » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pm

This solution is really solve my issue. Its very irritating when any error occurred in live server.
So big thank you @straightlight

Dashingwebtech

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:38 pm

dashingwebtech wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pm
This solution is really solve my issue. Its very irritating when any error occurred in live server.
So big thank you @straightlight

Dashingwebtech
No problem. This fix as already been added in the pre-release version.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 5miffy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks @straightlight for that fix.
I enabled PHP7.4 on an Opencart 3 site and the error was bugging the hell out of me until I used your suggestion!

Post by IT beheerder KIK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:31 pm

This also helped me. Thanks a lot!

Post by gerstavros » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Solution worked, thanks

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/var/www/site/html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php</b> on line <b>166</b><b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/var/www/site/html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php</b> on line <b>166</b>{"country_id":"2","name":"Albania","iso_code_2":"AL","iso_code_3":"ALB","address_format":"","postcode_required":"0","zone":[{"zone_id":"33","country_id":"2","name":"Berat","code":"BR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"34","country_id":"2","name":"Bulqize","code":"BU","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"35","country_id":"2","name":"Delvine","code":"DL","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"36","country_id":"2","name":"Devoll","code":"DV","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"37","country_id":"2","name":"Diber","code":"DI","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"38","country_id":"2","name":"Durres","code":"DR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"39","country_id":"2","name":"Elbasan","code":"EL","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"41","country_id":"2","name":"Fier","code":"FR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"42","country_id":"2","name":"Gjirokaster","code":"GJ","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"43","country_id":"2","name":"Gramsh","code":"GR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"44","country_id":"2","name":"Has","code":"HA","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"45","country_id":"2","name":"Kavaje","code":"KA","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"40","country_id":"2","name":"Kolonje","code":"ER","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"48","country_id":"2","name":"Korce","code":"KO","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"49","country_id":"2","name":"Kruje","code":"KR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"47","country_id":"2","name":"Kucove","code":"KC","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"50","country_id":"2","name":"Kukes","code":"KU","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"46","country_id":"2","name":"Kurbin","code":"KB","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"52","country_id":"2","name":"Lezhe","code":"LE","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"51","country_id":"2","name":"Librazhd","code":"LB","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"53","country_id":"2","name":"Lushnje","code":"LU","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"54","country_id":"2","name":"Malesi e Madhe","code":"MM","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"55","country_id":"2","name":"Mallakaster","code":"MK","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"56","country_id":"2","name":"Mat","code":"MT","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"57","country_id":"2","name":"Mirdite","code":"MR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"58","country_id":"2","name":"Peqin","code":"PQ","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"59","country_id":"2","name":"Permet","code":"PR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"60","country_id":"2","name":"Pogradec","code":"PG","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"61","country_id":"2","name":"Puke","code":"PU","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"64","country_id":"2","name":"Sarande","code":"SR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"62","country_id":"2","name":"Shkoder","code":"SH","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"63","country_id":"2","name":"Skrapar","code":"SK","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"65","country_id":"2","name":"Tepelene","code":"TE","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"67","country_id":"2","name":"Tirane","code":"TR","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"66","country_id":"2","name":"Tropoje","code":"TP","status":"1"},{"zone_id":"68","country_id":"2","name":"Vlore","code":"VL","status":"1"}],"status":"1"}
Last edited by gerstavros on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:58 am

What is on line 66 of that file?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gerstavros » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:51 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:58 am
What is on line 66 of that file?
the code reading the address

} elseif ($this->config->get('config_tax_default') == 'shipping') {
			$this->tax->setShippingAddress($this->config->get('config_country_id'), $this->config->get('config_zone_id'));
		}
EDIT: it worked, file was somehow restored in default, or i never saved the changes...

Post by debruyckerejohan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm

thanks,
working with "Version 3.0.3.2"
it helped me to.
i changed in ../catalog/controller/startup/startup.php

changes to
if (isset($this->session->data['shipping_address']['country_id']) && isset($this->session->data['shipping_address']['zone_id'])) {
AND
if (isset($this->session->data['payment_address'])) {
changes to
if (isset($this->session->data['payment_address']['country_id']) && isset($this->session->data['payment_address']['zone_id'])) {

Grz,
Johan

Post by johans » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:07 pm

debruyckerejohan wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm
thanks,
it helped me to.

changes to
AND
changes to
if (isset($this->session->data['payment_address']['country_id']) && isset($this->session->data['payment_address']['zone_id'])) {

Grz,
Johan
THIS ONE WORKS!

Thanks,
Mr. J

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:10 pm

johans wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:07 pm
debruyckerejohan wrote:
thanks,
it helped me to.

changes to
AND
changes to

Grz,
Johan
THIS ONE WORKS!
Thanks for the feedback. However, this fix has already been integrated into the OC v3.0.3.7 release.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by aerogel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:05 am
See if the following could solved the issue for this version of PHP since it is still quite recent:

replace:

with:

life is such an easy journey when someone knows what to do!
thanks alot

Post by niczous » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:05 am

debruyckerejohan wrote:
thanks,
it helped me to.

changes to
AND
changes to

Grz,
Johan
Hi!

I am using Version 3.0.3.6 and PHP 7.4

I tried to use the solution mentioned above but it doesn't work. This error affected the new registered customer. Previous customers are doing okay.

Thank you in advance.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:43 am

niczous wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:05 am
debruyckerejohan wrote:
thanks,
it helped me to.

changes to
AND
changes to

Grz,
Johan
Hi!

I tried to use the solution mentioned above but it doesn't work. This error affected the new registered customer. Previous customers are doing okay.

Thank you in advance.
Then, something else is affecting your store that may originate from an installed extension.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by niczous » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:43 am
niczous wrote:
debruyckerejohan wrote:
thanks,
it helped me to.

changes to
AND
changes to

Grz,
Johan
Hi!

Thank you in advance.
Then, something else is affecting your store that may originate from an installed extension.
The last extension I installed was PHPmailer to solve my SMTP error on checkout and I have just uninstalled it but still getting the error on 166.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:20 pm

niczous wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am
straightlight wrote:
niczous wrote:

Hi!

Thank you in advance.
The last extension I installed was PHPmailer to solve my SMTP error on checkout and I have just uninstalled it but still getting the error on 166.
Which full PHP version are you using? Also, are you sure your changes are reflecting? Which type of server package are you using? Are your PHP files being saved as UTF-8 without BOM? If you reduce your PHP version back to 7.3x releases, is the line 166 error still showing?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by niczous » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:20 pm
niczous wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 am
straightlight wrote:

Which full PHP version are you using? Also, are you sure your changes are reflecting? Which type of server package are you using? Are your PHP files being saved as UTF-8 without BOM? If you reduce your PHP version back to 7.3x releases, is the line 166 error still showing?
Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I have deleted and re-uploaded all the files in the startup folder. Logout the site and create a new customer. Login using another computer to test. Finally, the error is solved. Thank you again.