Post by bogdandigitalmetrics » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

I've just installed a module to create seo urls for every language, so now my site looks like site.com/language.
i want to automatically redirect users by browser language. so, if i have a vizitator from france, I want to redirect him to site.com/fr
any ideas how to do that?thanks

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 pm

See this integration-planning solution: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=206508&p=734298#p734298

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bogdandigitalmetrics » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:51 pm

thanks but it isn't what i'm looking for. i don't want redirect from index.php?lg=fr to site.com/fr. i want directly redirect from homepage without any variable in link

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 pm

No OC version posted along with enquiry. However, you could edit your catalog/controller/startup/startup.php file to accomplish this if no extensions exists on the Marketplace that would match your request already.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Geo IP Tools can do this by detecting the customer's location via IP (or giving them a pop-up to choose their location). You can then redirect them based on that info to the correct URL.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator