Post by mmsonmez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I have moved my opencart shop to another server. The site go offline and everything I did not work to fix it.
any suggestion to enable my site back to online again ?

btw normally site was totattly white no template and the frontpage shows this message :
"Maintenance Mode
Please come back later in few minutes. We are in maintenance.
Thanks for your patience and understanding."

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am

Well, you should better tell us, what you changed in the config.php files and
eventually in the .htaccess file, to make server paths and links match the new
server environment. As well as always mentioning OC Version and Theme you use,
it's a tech place here, but not an esoteric wisdom center... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mmsonmez » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:47 am

I just figured site is working when I write mydomain.com/index.php it works but when I write mydomin.com it opend a blank maintenance page !!!
Whatshould I share for you to help me ? cause I have tried eveyrthing.

Admin page ( backend) works fine ; no problem at all.
but main page is not opening.

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 am

Have you tried to simply disable it in store settings?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by mmsonmez » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm

disable what ?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm

mmsonmez wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm
disable what ?
It.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:42 am

Yeah … if you're unable to disable site maintenance from the OC admin, try:

- admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > server tab - > Maintenance Mode: Off

If unsuccessful after changing the change:

- PHPMyAdmin - > Your Opencart Database Name - > Settings table and look for the configuration key named: config_maintenance . Set the value to 0 .

This should resolved … it .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm

It.
@thekrotek (and to a lesser extent, @IP_CAM), I think you should try to be a little less snarky, especially with noobs. They often know very little about running a site and will do things (or ask questions) that look stupid to you, an experienced expert. They also may be unaware of protocols. So please, cut them a break. Remember, you were once as dumb as them.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 pm

MrPhil wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm
thekrotek wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm

It.
@thekrotek (and to a lesser extent, @IP_CAM), I think you should try to be a little less snarky, especially with noobs. They often know very little about running a site and will do things (or ask questions) that look stupid to you, an experienced expert. They also may be unaware of protocols. So please, cut them a break. Remember, you were once as dumb as them.
+1 and 1 (without the usernames).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:16 am

Well, less snarky, after I'm just telling someone, what should be
shown, to enable others, to at least get some ideas, in the first place. ???
Should I better just tell them:
no Version, no Facts, read the Newbie Infos first
like it's beeing done here on a daily bases, to so hopefully at least
act according Spec's, and make sure, not to eventually hurt anybody's
feelings ?! What a way, trying to run a Business, in a grown up World ... :crazy:
---

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 am

Oh please god - YES! - do that!

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mmsonmez » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 pm

-Site Version is : 2.0.3.1
-Maintenance Mode is selected as No at admin Panel
- I have already checked database from phpadmin everything seems normal.
- when I open www.mysite.com/ IT shows maintenance mode
But if I open www..mysite.com/index.php site is working normal.

and here is the .htaccess file
Options +FollowSymlinks
Options -Indexes
<FilesMatch "(?i)((\.tpl|\.ini|\.log|(?<!robots)\.txt))">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^system/download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

Post by MrPhil » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:16 am
Should I better just tell them:
How about someone upgrade the forum software to put a big bold notice just before the message entry textarea: "1. Please read ___________ before posting to learn what information we need, 2. Please do a SEARCH to see if your question has been answered before. We're getting tired of answering the same questions over and over, especially when they lack necessary information."

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:46 am

I was talking with my good Friend Googie about this, and he told me, that my OC-Postings would
no longer be indexed atop, if I would decide on most only playing Two Word Cop. But nobody
would search for 'NO VERSION' in the first place, since a majority would not even be aware of, what
Version they use. I should therefore better keep my more 'social' style, or then risk, to loose my
hard-earned Position and Friendship, at best :'( :choke: :-\

But that's all, I worked for, for quite a while already. And I made quite a lot of Bread this way, during
the past 2 Decades, as well. And all this, without the need of frequently writing checks. It might be
the advantage of, beeing around, since it all started up, but it's also steady work, to stay. So better
consider it to just be my way of doing things, a way of doing Business, and to be a known part of it.

It has nothing to do with OC-Business, or even OC Ideology, it's more a born instinct, to make
sure, not to miss an opportunity, by beeing 'known' already, if it possibly ever comes to Business.
And such does not go away, just, because one gets old and gray. ;)

But if only a small fraction of Sellers would have existed, willing to assist, as part of their agreement,
as requested by OC originally, there would not have been a need, to waste such a huge amount
of time and postings, trying to assist other Newbies, like me, eager, to get that Thing to work.

And I also knew already, on how it feels, since I gave up, after only asking ~4 Questions, out of those
9'xxx total postings made, to only get one single reply, to the first Posting, telling me in harsh short
words, to read the Newbie Rules first.

Still, I'm just about, where I wanted to get, 4 Yeas ago. And now, since I found out, by testing another
already installed Testshop, that only an (unknown yet) Extension obviously hindered my latest
Thing from woking well with PHP v.7.2.5, so even my last real Problem is gone. ;) Fortunately,
because I still found most answers, written during the OC heyday Years, where bunches of Fans
and Freaks existed. But that's just no longer the Case either ... :choke:

It was one good reason to me, to stay, on proven solid ground, as long as beeing surrounded
by shaking territory only, at least, according to straightlight's bunches of Postings and Fixes, wich
still have not found their way into the official last-year Version, as I assume.

I alsways tried, to look at OC from a 'Neutral Distance', typically Swiss. And I used it, to improve my
english as well, it's also fully handmade, like my OC, it so might sometimes sound a little strange.
And a lot of people also don't speak english, wich makes it even more difficult, to always be
understud. One good reason, to add a lot of images, and even Google likes them, so, it's worth the
task as well. :D

But so, I will never make it, to earn the 10K Status here, and this really makes me feel beaten. :-\
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:59 am

Well .. even for a total noob, this forum has a 'bit' of structure:

1. most of the visitors will open this page first: index.php
2. after that, the 1. (first) thread is this: viewforum.php?f=176
3. having this, he can choose (beside a few more):
3.1 viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480 (Forum Rules)
3.2 viewtopic.php?f=176&t=53294 (Tips for Requesting Support)

The last one seems to be the most important of all, but also seems to be the 'not have seen and read' thread .. otherwise I cannot explain why so many useless posts are here .. every day .. ?!

This structure is similiar to a situation like this:
> you enter a store have not ever been before
> you will look around where the goods maybe you are interested in
>> you found them - good
>> you cannot find them > you ask some of the (hopefully) existing stuff politely and with all that information which is needed to help you

But here:
> new noob enters the forum
> if already registered post his first message
> if not registered do it and post afterwards

Has he read the instructions (see links above)?
99% of them - not!
But 100% of them expect that we (the active members and those of them who really know what they do) are fortunetellers!

For every useless minute, wasted answer 1 Euro - we never have to work again and could live long and happy on a sunny Island.
Mojito for all.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:12 am

Has he read the instructions (see links above)?
99% of them - not!
But 100% of them expect that we (the active members and those of them who really know what they do) are fortunetellers!
If even the fortune cookie industries may only provide limited stocks, I don't see how nor why the newbies on the forum should be Christmas gifted on every posts when posting such limited information - especially to those insisting rude users out there, I agree.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mmsonmez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Any one who wants to help me instead of hate messages how noob we are ??
yes I did not read tons of messages explaining how not to be a noob in the forum.

FYI I have searched probably tons of sites for my problem before posting here. Also tried apprx. hundreds solutions and after getting no result of 3 weeks I found this community forum and registered and post my problem here.

Do you know what is the Result ?

Snobs telling me how noob I am !!!!
if you do not want to help me ok I understand that... ; if you do not want to help me I understand But stop posting more please cause people don't like reading long posts and my help request got lost !!!

For the people who wants to help me please find details :

My current problem is my site is showing white page maintenance page but If I go mysite.com/index.php eveything works fine ; I am pretty sure I am missing something which is simple. Here is the details below.

Thanks in advance for the people who wants to help ...
mmsonmez wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 pm
-Site Version is : 2.0.3.1
-Maintenance Mode is selected as No at admin Panel
- I have already checked database from phpadmin everything seems normal.
- when I open www.mysite.com/ IT shows maintenance mode
But if I open www..mysite.com/index.php site is working normal.

and here is the .htaccess file
Options +FollowSymlinks
Options -Indexes
<FilesMatch "(?i)((\.tpl|\.ini|\.log|(?<!robots)\.txt))">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^system/download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Yes. The result is that you are submitting a request regarding a file modification that is not activated by default installation and delivered out-of-the-box with Opencart. This forum community is about assisting users encountering particular issues with Opencart rather than without with the exceptions of those third-party extensions being provided.

Meaning, as short as I can keep this post, you are requesting specific modifications to work with your domain and non-Opencart specific features since the .htaccess file is originally named .htaccess.txt file for this reason as the same reason where forum supporters do not have to feel the obligation to fulfill with the exception of a custom job since it's a domain-specific request when no accurate solution can be posted or if no extension can be guided / provided in order to gather what you may want to have for free.

With that being said, if you are telling people to get lost based on these opinions, take note that as a new user, it isn't a great start. You want something done accurately with the .htaccess file? Contact your host.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Very short (and last try!):
mmsonmez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 pm
My current problem is my site is showing white page maintenance page ..
No, the problem sits in front of the screen
Either you have the maintance page (shows at least the logo etc.) or a white page.

If maintenance page, a setting is wrong.
If white page (..) - simply enable the error output and be surprised what you may see (on the screen) ..

Last tip: add this to your index.php (at the beginning):

Code: Select all

error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'error_reporting', E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', 'On' );
Oh, sorry .. very last tip: did you ever checked your error.logs (shop and server)?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mmsonmez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 pm

First of all I am not trying to be rude ; but you guys missing the point .
1-First of all you are thinking that we all users here are Native English Speakers but we are not !
2-You guys asking us to read all rules before having a post ; I am pretty sure that all of you reading the terms and conditions when you log into any site , don't you ?
3-If you pretend to be a helper as an experienced user you should firstly understand that "A NEWBIE" or "A NOOB" has a post here cause it has a problem and her/his priority is not reading the terms or rules or whatever.

When we came to my subject. I did not changed a file , the site was working fine for a year. Then the hosting company I worked decided to close their servers and asked me to move my site before it gone offline.So I found someone and they moved my site to their site by CPANEL transfer tool.I just checked and see that my site was working but my mistake was I checked like mysite.com/index.php instead of mysite.com/ from URL.

Yes I am not a professional web developer but I did not even change a file or thing.All the files are pure 2.0.3.1 files .I have spoked with the hosting company and they told that OC must be the problem cause system show operating normally.

Instead of explaining rules or discussing my extreme start here ; I would like to get proper lead for me like people at the beginning. I have followed all their instructions and tried to change values in database but everything seems normal.

No one asked me to speak with hosting company which I already asked them about the problem.

Try to catch my perspective cause currently I can not catch yours
straightlight wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:48 pm
Yes. The result is that you are submitting a request regarding a file modification that is not activated by default installation and delivered out-of-the-box with Opencart. This forum community is about assisting users encountering particular issues with Opencart rather than without with the exceptions of those third-party extensions being provided.

Meaning, as short as I can keep this post, you are requesting specific modifications to work with your domain and non-Opencart specific features since the .htaccess file is originally named .htaccess.txt file for this reason as the same reason where forum supporters do not have to feel the obligation to fulfill with the exception of a custom job since it's a domain-specific request when no accurate solution can be posted or if no extension can be guided / provided in order to gather what you may want to have for free.

With that being said, if you are telling people to get lost based on these opinions, take note that as a new user, it isn't a great start. You want something done accurately with the .htaccess file? Contact your host.