Post by ghundermark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi. When I go to System>Setting>Edit(Store), I see the following error at the top of the page:

Code: Select all

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 914Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 919Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 924Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 929Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 934Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 939Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 944Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 949Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 954Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 959
Also, this is what is in my Error Log:

2018-04-04 14:00:50 - PHP Notice:  Indirect modification of overloaded property ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php on line 959
I am using OpenCart version 2.3.0.2 & I cannot figure out what the cause of this is & how to fix it. Is anyone familiar with these errors? How can I determine what's causing them?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Actually I was wrong.. You normally see this when using a 1.5.x extension on 2.x or later
But looking at the error, there is an old 1.5.x vQmod script or invalid ocmod that is causing this:

ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php
One of the scripts is referencing "$this->data" which was replaced with just "$data" in 2.x and later.
Best way to debug these issues.

First, when you see a vqmod cache file also has "storage_modification" its name, that means the setting.php file has both ocmod AND vqmod changes to it.
Luckily vQmod's design makes it easy to simply remove the xml scripts to disable the feature. So we'll first determine if its a vQmod script issue
1. Create a subfolder in your vqmod folder with any name like "disabled"
2. Move ALL suspect scripts (except the vqmod_opencart.xml script) into that folder.
3. Reload the page and see if the error went away. If it did, then you know its NOT an ocmod causing the issue.
since ocmod didn't exist in 1.5x, it is unlikely there would be old references to "$this->data", so it is already more than likely that this is an old vQmod.
4. Start moving the vqmod xml files back over to the main, a few at a time, refreshing the page that had the error each time to see when that error comes back.
That should help you narrow down the search as to which file is causing it.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Interesting concept found on StackOverFlow on the subject: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/104 ... le_rich_qa . It seem I may have to post this suggestion on Github.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ghundermark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm
Actually I was wrong.. You normally see this when using a 1.5.x extension on 2.x or later
But looking at the error, there is an old 1.5.x vQmod script or invalid ocmod that is causing this:

ControllerSettingSetting::$data has no effect in /home/skipware/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_admin_controller_setting_setting.php
One of the scripts is referencing "$this->data" which was replaced with just "$data" in 2.x and later.
Best way to debug these issues.

First, when you see a vqmod cache file also has "storage_modification" its name, that means the setting.php file has both ocmod AND vqmod changes to it.
Luckily vQmod's design makes it easy to simply remove the xml scripts to disable the feature. So we'll first determine if its a vQmod script issue
1. Create a subfolder in your vqmod folder with any name like "disabled"
2. Move ALL suspect scripts (except the vqmod_opencart.xml script) into that folder.
3. Reload the page and see if the error went away. If it did, then you know its NOT an ocmod causing the issue.
since ocmod didn't exist in 1.5x, it is unlikely there would be old references to "$this->data", so it is already more than likely that this is an old vQmod.
4. Start moving the vqmod xml files back over to the main, a few at a time, refreshing the page that had the error each time to see when that error comes back.
That should help you narrow down the search as to which file is causing it.
Thanks Q! I followed your directions & determined it was the "product-display-settings.xml" that was causing the errors.